SOSi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SOSi

2.2

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SOSi (Reston, VA).

Interview

SOSi reached out to me...they were in need of qualified personnel and late to need for the projects they were standing up in Iraq. They were more interested in getting a warm body in the seat than a lengthy interview process. This trend continues today.
      They tend to reach out to people they have served with in the Army first and hire without a lengthy interview process. If the MSG, ISG or BD VPs know you from previous service...you are good to go.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in deploying to Iraq   2 Answers

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SOSi (Reston, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with direct manager. I was hired on the spot. It was a good place to work, until you start digging in the financial information. beware of this place!! They make promises they never keep

News Desk Monitor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SOSi in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this job and got an email two days later from the recruiter to do a phone screen. We did the phone screen later that day, and he just mostly told me about the position, asked a few questions (like availability) and then I asked a few questions. It turned out the position was part-time at least at first and the monitors are considered contract workers, so it probably wouldn't have been the best job for me. They were also looking for someone to start immediately, like that weekend, and I just couldn't do that, but the recruiter emailed me back the very next morning to let me know that they decided to go with someone else because of the timing, but was very kind about it and I appreciated the personal email letting me know.

Title III Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SOSi (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

It was lengthy due to the background clearance but it did take less than expected, after waiver was granted I interviewed with the supervisor on site, basically went through the same questions I put in my application when I first applied.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SOSi (Reston, VA) in March 2019.

Interview

Received an email from a Talent Acquisition Sourcer with the job details and we set up a call which went well and moved forward to the in person interviews.

I had two back to back interviews. Both were awkward in their own right. The first gentleman (CIO) seemed nice enough, but sat caddie corner from me by at least 3 chairs. It was a long table so were we to sit face to face I would have been all the way at the other end of it. The conversation went well enough though and he was pleasant at least.

The second interview was the worst I've had and I've been working for over 30 years. It was with the Director, Enterprise Information Technology who again sat directly caddie corner from me after I seated myself. Eye contact was barely possible and the interview itself was borderline hostile as it wasn't long into the interview that he started casually cursing about the nature of the work. He was dressed just as casually. No jacket or tie. In hindsight I wish I had walked out.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us a little about yourself" is really the only question that stood out from the first 1:1. The interview that followed that was pretty appalling. Not sure there were any questions at all. Just listened to the interviewer talk about nothing of real value and curse about the the mundane or blase nature of the work.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SOSi.

Interview

Emailed and several months later offered the job.

Interview Questions

• We already have people lined up, the offer is take it or leave it.   3 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SOSi in May 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter who viewed my resume on Monster.com and express an interest in me for a few different intelligence analyst positions. I was then sit the pre-screening paperwork, which takes about an hour to complete. I then had a phone interview with a hiring manager within about 2 weeks of completing the paperwork.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SOSi.

Interview

My resume was my interview

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions except when could I be in country.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Imagery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kandahar (Iran)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SOSi (Kandahar (Iran)) in August 2012.

Interview

My experience of the hiring and interview process was fairly simple. I got an email while I was deployed about the position and I sent my resume to them. I got a reply and a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview, they stated that they wanted to hire me...

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any questions that were too difficult since I was qualified for the position.   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SOSi (Virginia (South Africa)).

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an in-person interview. The process all happened very quickly. As others have said, you won't hear back from HR about the status of your application despite giving them your time. The interview seemed a bit sexist--I recall the man leading the interview saying something like you need to be stern and stand your ground, etc. as if to imply that I couldn't do this...