SPAWAR Systems Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.0

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at SPAWAR Systems Center (New York, NY).

Interview

on site interview they asked questions and i answered them
    overall the interview was easy as long as you are competent and know what you are doing
    on site interview they asked questions and i answered them

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SPAWAR Systems Center in January 2017.

Interview

It was a phone screen interview. The interviewer was very friendly. This was my first interview, so I was really nervous. The interviewer was really patient and let me correct my mistake.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SPAWAR Systems Center (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy, no technique question. Only ask you some personality question and former experience. It might take a while to wait for their reply. I am still waiting for the offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people with different personalities?   Answer Question

New Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SPAWAR Systems Center.

Interview

Phone interview to start. Basic screening about personality. After the phone interview, they worked with me to schedule an in-person interview on site. Again, personality based questions. The process was not difficult and the interviewers were very friendly and made the environment comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather an a manager role or a technical role.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SPAWAR Systems Center.

Interview

Panel interview with 5 questions and 30 minutes to prep and 20 to answer. Mano questions or feedback from panel during interview process to ensure all interviews are conducted the same fo EO reasons and fair hiring considerations.

Interview Questions

• Biggest challenge in programs and how you are qualified to lead programs   Answer Question

Assistant Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SPAWAR Systems Center (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Professional panel provided 5 questions approximately 1 hour priori to the interview.
    When the interview started, I had 20 minutes to discuss my answers. The panel listened actively and would occasionally make a comment of ask a follow-on question. The interview was successful and I was offered the job.

New Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SPAWAR Systems Center.

Interview

Pretty easy process. I met them at my schools career fair and within a couple weeks they requested some paperwork. A month after that I had a phone interview that was very relaxed and informative. They only asked behavioral questions. A couple more weeks and I received a tentative offer. The whole process took just a bit over two months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SPAWAR Systems Center.

Interview

Phone interview from department head asking basic questions about my education background and interests. Conversation was informal and lasted 20-30 minutes and ended with a request to submit my resume. After the entrance paperwork was processed, I went to the base to meet the interviewer in person and complete background checks.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with programming and communications hardware?   Answer Question

New Professional Interview

Interview

I meet with the recruiters and talked about my resume and experiences that could be relevant to the job. The recruiter talked about some of the roles that I potentially will be in if I am accepted for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a conflict in a team (paraphrased)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SPAWAR Systems Center (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online though USA jobs. Contacted roughly 30 days later. Interview within a week. MUST have at least a bachelors degree and a minimum GPA of 3.2 in order to be considered for the position. People are very friendly and laid back. Interview lasted 60 minutes. 45 minutes exactly for them to ask me questions and then 15 minutes available for me to ask them any questions. Overall a pleasant experience. Notified 4 weeks later of an upcoming job offer (after I pass background checks and other pre-quals)

Interview Questions

• How would you handle someone on your project that was not meeting expectations?   Answer Question