SRA International Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

2.3

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Information Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. They were all hospitable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation required. The offer was very fair.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the recruiter. She was extremely nice, but really didn't know much about the position. About 20 minute phone call going over background and salary expectations. After that I was asked to fill out some paperwork prior to going to the in person interview. The in Person interview was with 2 people, they both seemed extremely tired, but were nice... Mostly behavioral questions. They did have a written portion. They asked me to write down an email response to someone that had inquired about a forgotten password.

Network Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a cold email from a recruiter at the beginning of August 2013. I had previously submitted an older resume into the general Cyber Security talent pool back in November 2012, and also had a previous interview for a different position within SRA (which I did not get selected for, and was only based on a contract proposal). I was very surprised with the speed with which I got scheduled and into the facility to speak with the team leadership.

The team was very interested in the work I had done previously with regards to the project they were supporting, and did mention the caveat that this work would commence in September pending the outcome of their contract award (it appears they were waiting on a cooling off period with respect to the award as a precaution; they were upfront with this information).

About 10 days after the interview, I did receive a contingent offer from the HR recruiter. It did appear to be rather serious, given that I had more to sign and return than just the obligatory offer letter (having fielded two previous contingent offers in the past two months, only to have them fall through for one reason or another). Hopefully things clear up soon and I can get to work, because I've been out for much longer than I had anticipated or expected.

Interview Questions

• Did field some questions related to leadership roles in positions other than in technical ones (i.e. clubs, fraternal organizations, etc.).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not so much a real negotiation. Need to be flexible with your limits in terms of what you want in compensation. One of the big killers these days is going way too high on a figure and then standing firm on it. Of course, should another offer show up, then it's a matter of making sure other parties are aware you're 1) being courted, and 2) getting into the best situation for yourself.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Had a phone screen interview, then met with a few peers and my direct supervisor, then was offered a job after the meeting

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation. Told me what I was offered and that was it.

Server Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Was given an on-site interview with the project leader and his tech lead. It was a very friendly session and I was not made to feel like I was being grilled.

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was a three step process and consisted of technical and business interviews

Interview Questions

• What factor would you not consider when you provide technical briefing   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was screened over the phone after applying through my college job fair while still a senior. A week or so later, I was invited to come down to the Arlington SRA office for a formal interview. I met with the head of the IT department as well as the head software engineer. The told me about the company and showed me around the building. I ended up sitting down with the head software engineer, where he asked me questions about myself and my engineering skills. He asked me about specific programing languages to see where I stood knowledge wise compared to the other developer on the team, some I knew and some I was not familiar with. I ended the interview by going over my goals for myself if I got the job and explained that I would work hard to learn any languages that I needed to do my job.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, ColdFusion, etc...?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

I recieved a phone call from the recruiter. He was very nice and helpful. Answered all my questions about the company and the benefits . When I had my phpne interview with the PM, it went really great. He was very easy to talk to and gave me the job immediately. The process was very smooth, except with the Security department. They lost my paper work a few times and I had to go out of my way to continuly fax them the paper work, at the time I was living in another state. The closest Kinkos was 45minutes away. They never said sorry.

Negotiation

my personal experience and how I feel know; is I got low balled... Part of that is my fault. research, stick to your guns, don't take 10K less

Investigative Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was referred to SRA by a friend who informed me that the company was looking for people to fill a few positions available. They forwarded my resume to HR and I received a call back from an HRM less than a week afterwards basically going over the job description, salary requirements, etc. After the initial conversation, the HRM set up a panel style telephone interview with 6 people on the other end including who would be my direct supervisor, his boss, and other related individuals from the team. I found the interview questions to be quite pointed and relevant to the job – there wasn’t anything out of left field. The interviewers were very friendly and seemed well prepared in terms of questions and follow ups.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work under pressure?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview with the senior program managers and lower level managers. There were multiple panels with different staff members during the same day. The questions were traditional in nature and did not focus on technical aspects of the position.