SRA International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SRA International Interview Questions

2.6

Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SRA International in March 2010.

Interview

Interviews were held at a local hotel. They DID NOT stay on time and caused big delays. The interviews were conducted in a 20 X 20 room with 2-3 others being interviewed at the same time by different people. One could hear the same same questions being asked all around the room at a slight delay from each other. This caused a lot of confusion and made it extremely hard to concentrate on what was being asked! The interviewer was hostile and many of the questions were clearly made up for the sole purpose of "stump the chump". This was the WORST interview I have ever been a part of and fail to see any logic in what SRA gained from conducting such a fiasco!

Interview Questions

• What are the differences in computer codes?   1 Answer

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SRA International (Beltsville, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview. I was asked many basic interview questions and questions to see if I had a general understanding the field. After I passed this portion, they asked me to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of three interviewers who asked me numerous questions about my experience, my interest, my technical knowledge and career plan. Afterwards, they said they would contact me after a few more interviews. I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my about my experience outside of work and what activities I'm involved in that are related to the position.   Answer Question

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SRA International (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

Asked technical questions, asked logical questions , there were multiple interviews, phone interviews, face to face interviews, good interview process overall.
    Phone screen, one on one, group panel, skills review, personality quiz, drug test, iq test, background check, clearance check, presentation.

Interview Questions

• Refer to Exhibit A below. Router R1 and R2, T0 and T1 ports are configured, functionally, the same. The primary path between these router nodes will be:   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRA International (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by two panel interviews. After getting a call back after the first panel discussion, I thought I would be offered the job or in the top three. Called and emailed to followup and no response received. Later via online, the job title and description changed.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SRA International (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Telephone and then In Person Interview. I was called for an telephone interview where they asked me technical questions. After passing that interview I was called in for an in person interview. This part was a mix of technical and personality.

Help Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SRA International (Rockville, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

The person who interviewed me definitely knew their stuff and I was able to get everything right. The perosn was very competent, and they were very friendly. We had a good time.

Interview Questions

• If we offered you the job tomorrow, would you immediately accept it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take full advantage of the benefits.

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SRA International (Fairfax, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume through Indeed.com about 7-10 days later I received a follow-up email from the HR rep. The email had 5 follow-up questions (e.g. desired salary, desired commute distance/time, etc) which I answered & got an email back asking when would be a good day & time for a phone interview with them. My phone interview with HR was very brief (about 10-15 mins) where the HR rep explained the position to me a bit more & then set up a day & time for me to come in for an in-person interview. When I arrived at the office for my in-person interview I was pleasantly surprised by how big the HQ campus was (they offer free parking!) & how friendly everyone was. At HQ, everyone gets a personal office but if you work in the Arlington location which they just remodeled then everyone has a cubical office. My interview started off with meeting 2 higher-up. They spent our time telling me about the company & the organizational structure of the company. They asked a few questions about me but this session was more of a conversation then being grilled with questions. After 30 mins with them, I was interviewed by the people who would be my possible manager & colleagues. They were a very jovial bunch, who asked some behavioral & technical questions. There technique was to ask questions about specific skills & expertise that I my have -- I found out towards the end of the session why they went about asking things the way they did. Their previous employee lacked in the areas they were grilling me on so they wanted to make sure I was fully capable of doing the job & not just making fluff about my expertise. This interview lasted about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone pushed you out of your chair & said, "Get out of the way. I can do this better & faster than you." How would you handle a situation like this, especially if it was a VP of the company?   1 Answer

Server Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Was given an on-site interview with the project leader and his tech lead. It was a very friendly session and I was not made to feel like I was being grilled.

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SRA International (Bethesda, MD) in December 2010.

Interview

Network troubleshooting scenario from Layer 1 to Layer 4.

Interview Questions

• Explain TCP/IP 3-Way Handshaking.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. Salary was above market.

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SRA International in December 2010.

Interview

I initially applied for a postion as Business Analyst (which unknown to me had the decription for Tech Writer IV attached to it -- which was the reason I applied). HR person I spoke with gave no indiction that job title and description didn't match when I did the 2 initial screening interviews. Two weeks later I had a two 1:1 interviews on the same day.. My initial interviewer has 30 min. late -- she forgot she had an interview at 9am. She opened the interview by stating" I don't see anything in your resume that would make me want to hire you." She got even more rude from there. Fortunately-- for some odd reason -- I'd printed out the job description and began referring to it in my rebuttal. At this point she let me know that it' was the wrong description for the advertised job title. Oh but anyway they had an opening for a Tech Writer IV she'd consider me for. The whole "interview" took 15 min. She then passed me on to the office VP who spent 30 minutes grilling me about hypothetical ethicial situations and how I'd handle them. Neither of my interviewrs were friendly or terribly polite.

The HR person called the next day to ask when I'd be available -- I named a date after my current contract would end. She said she'd be back in touch. 3 days later I got a verbal offer from HR -- but no salary, no job description, just when can you start. Over the next 2 months I repeatedly asked them for asked for pay and job specifics (in writing), and was met with either silence or repeated requests for when can you start, can you start sooner ('we're desperate, we have so much work", etc). During this entire time I was also looking / interviewing for other positions as the SRA job seemed less than real.

Finally 3 months into the process I received the verbal salary offer, which I accepted, with an emailed written offer the next day. Yes I know, unwise move, but I was contracting and my contract was ending, and It was double the houraly rate of another pending offer.. I will say the hourly rate was excellent as I was coming on as a full-time contract employee at a high level. I had worked for SRA several years previously when my company was acquired by them. I was with SRA for a little over a year before they laid off nearly everyone from my old company who wasn't in the DC area.(myself included). I decided to apply again as the money and benefits had been excellent. The position was in a non-DC office and the office itself was nearly empty. I learned from the receptionist on my way ou of the initial interviewt that they had just laid off nearly the entire staff when a contract ended a month before, but they were gearing up for new contracts in late spring.

As the position offered was a full-time contract for several months, extending through end of summer 2011, I went into the position knowing it would end.

Please see my company review for my brief experience at SRA round 2,and why no amount of money would ever make me go back.

Negotiation

No negotiation, although an excellent hourly rate. Actual offer not put into writing until the last minute, after I had accepted the position -- although it had been made verbally.