SRA International Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SRA International Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SRA International (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview involved two step process: phone interview and then in person interview. The phone interview covered overview of role, and my past technical experience. The in person interview involved a discussion with direct manager and two technical leads. After the interviews, I heard back fairly quickly and an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• In person involved initial interview with my direct manager covering topics such as Java inheritance, AJAX, REST, how I work with a team and solve interpersonal problems as well discussion of technologies I am familiar with. Additionally I was asked why I was leaving my former position and what I was looking for in my next role Then two other software engineers asked me technical questions including a white board pseudo code solution of reversing a string, an explanation of different type of DB SQL Joins, and to write a basic select SQL statement with an INNER JOIN.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SRA International

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was screened over the phone after applying through my college job fair while still a senior. A week or so later, I was invited to come down to the Arlington SRA office for a formal interview. I met with the head of the IT department as well as the head software engineer. The told me about the company and showed me around the building. I ended up sitting down with the head software engineer, where he asked me questions about myself and my engineering skills. He asked me about specific programing languages to see where I stood knowledge wise compared to the other developer on the team, some I knew and some I was not familiar with. I ended the interview by going over my goals for myself if I got the job and explained that I would work hard to learn any languages that I needed to do my job.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, ColdFusion, etc...?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at SRA International (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by Phone where I had an initial screening. Then I had a face to face with the client who was satisfied by my answers to questions. I was called the next day for the job offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at SRA International in March 2012.

Interview

Talked to the team lead on the phone and later another employee in person. We talked about the project and how my previous work experience was relevant. Both were cordial and the overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• How did you design the last thing you worked on   1 Answer

Decided I wanted to stay at current job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SRA International in November 2011.

Interview

Applied for interview via College Job Center. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions, looking over the resume, and then time to ask the interviewer about the company or for any clarifications. After the interview, I did not hear back from the company for some time, until about 2 months later during which I was offered a second interview on site. I declined for personal reasons.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time during which you displayed leadership abilities.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SRA International in March 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was a personality test, with basic questions about my career goals. We also scheduled the 1:1 interview during the phone interview.

Their 1:1 interview was 2 back to back 1:1 interviews.

The first one was a description of company policies, and a basic review of your resume.

The second one was the one they deemed to be the technical interview. It was the easiest technical interview I have ever been on. No coding questions, no problem solving questions. Just hypothetical workplace issues questions.

The interviewers were all professional, and SRA seemed to be a good place to work at. The only dark spot on the whole process was after the interview, where I got no answers. Even after writing them a couple of emails asking about the status of my application, they just ignored me.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a coworker you didn't like? / who didn't like you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SRA International in June 2009.

Interview

First of all, a program manager called me for the first round screening, and then I was asked to take a written skill/knowledge test. Couples of days later, I was scheduled to have a phone interview with the client. The phone interview took about 20 mins, and then several days later, I was scheduled a on-site interview. The on-site interview had two part, the first part was meeting a Sr. company manager, and the most critical part was meeting the client panel. The on-site interview was easy, I guess the decision had already been made before I was asked for the on-site interview.