SRI International Research Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SRI International Research Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at SRI International

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SRI International (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Mixture of lab demo's / questions and office interviews. Also had to give a presentation on graduate work. Had to draw and explain things on whiteboard. They provided lunch and a tour of all the laboratories. They asked what I'd like to work on and my ideas based on what I had seen.

Interview Questions

• How does (name your machine) work ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SRI International

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at SRI International (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Took place in waiting room at JFK during my future bosse's layover. Interview took less than one hour.
    Interviewer/future supervisor interested mostly my technical education and experience. Als interested in my background to do classified work.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SRI International.

Interview

HR Recruiter will call you for an informal interview if you fit the qualification and set you up with the department interviewers, usually 2 or 3. It takes about 3-4 weeks to finally get brought in. The interviewers may look intimidating but they area very casual.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions regarding your personal experience.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SRI International.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for the position that the company had advertised but was low-balled with another low-paying temporary position while being interviewed. Company seems quite disorganized in its scheduling of interviews and does not seem to do its research at what potential candidates are applying for. Sheer waste of time.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SRI International.

Interview

All day affair. Met with the most of the group I would be working for including directors, managers, senior staff, as well as peers. Gave a one hour presentation on past work to showcase skill set and what knowledge I possessed that was useful to the group. Although everyone's experience is probably different the interviews were not technical and were to judge how well I would fit in/work with the group.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected (or I was just prepared for them), HR rep. asked standard interview questions, where as everyone else asked technical and made "what we do here" statements.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Application said "desired salary" and that's what I received. No negotiation required.