SSE Interview Questions in Cumbernauld, Scotland | Glassdoor

SSE Interview Questions in Cumbernauld, Scotland

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Sent off CV, then was invited to do an online assessment. Within an hour of completing tris I was invited to take part in a telephone interview. Had that this morning with a lovely recruitment manager from Cardiff, Reehan. After a short 20 minute conversation I was informed I had passed that stage and invited to attend their assessment centre in Cumbernauld for the final stage in the recruitments process, the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online in January Interview process took around 6 weeks in total. The interview process was in 4 parts. Supply cv, online assessment, telephone interview, group assessment consisting of group task, literacy test followed by a 1 to 1 interview with a manager. Offer of employment a few days after group assessment.

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

online application, telephone interview and assessment day. Called me day after interview to offer me the job. Overall good positive experience. Very friendly recruitment team and the two managers who interviewed me were extremely nice and helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Received a link for an online call simulation test. If you pass it you receive an invitation to book a place at the assessment centre for a face-to-face, competency based interview and roll play. There was around 15 other people getting interviewed. Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Got the call the next day to say I had got the job and discussed start-date etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SSE?
      Tell me about a time you provided great customer service?
      What factors should you consider when resolving the non-payment of an account?
      Describe customer service in 3 words.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email shortly after inviting me to an assessment/interview. The email detailed what to prepare for the interview and supplied practice maths assessment papers.

I arrived for the interview and after being signed in etc we (around 20 of us) were taken to a room where we were told about the company/job. We then completed a reading (answering questions about a bill provided eg 'what's the account number?'), listening (answer questions about a short paragraph which was read to us) and maths assessment (calculator- basic percentages, multiplication etc). After this, we were each taken to be interviewed (competency based) by two managers who made me feel very relaxed. At the end of the interview I was shown out and received a phone call two days later offering me the job (hours/start date etc were discussed).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations for a customer.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the company? (Research this before interview)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to meet targets and what you would do if you found this difficult.   Answer Question
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Three part interview consisting of a listening, reading and numerical test, followed by a face to face competency question based interview with members of management and finally a roleplay, where you pretend to answer the phone to an irate customer (acted by one of the managers interviewing you)
    For the numerical test a practice test is emailed out, I would recommend you do this in advance as although the test is not difficult, it helps to know what they are looking for.
    The listening and reading portions of the test are very easy, listening to a short paragraph and take notes of any info that might be useful (big hint - the person reading it out pauses after every piece of information you need) and the reading test is just answering questions based on information taken from a dummy statement.
    The face-to-face interview is a bit more in-depth but consists mainly of your standard competency based interview questions. Definitely do a bit of research on SSE in advance and they'll love you.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to prioritise your workload.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

First telephone part seemed rushed however HR were nice enough. Awaiting assessement in more than a months time, plenty of prep time however seems a bit long to wait for the interview, have been reading a lot of good reviews on here about SSE so am looking forward to it

Interview Questions

• Example of going the extra mile, What makes good customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online through SSE website and received an email next day inviting me to an interview in Cumbernauld the following week. Attended interview, with twenty other people, and completed the maths, english and listening test and then had a one to one interview with two male managers. Was offered the job the next day to start a month later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Three words to describe good customer service? How do you meet targets? Experience working in a target environment? Experience working with difficult customers? A time where you exceeded your job title?   10 Answers