SSE Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SSE Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SSE (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had to upload CV and answer competency based questions and a 'why SSE' question. I then had an online test link e-mailed to me which was a psychometric test (i.e rate a statement between 1-5 if you strongly agree, disagree etc) and had to listen to 4 calls and click on 1 of 3 statements that you'd say and click on the relevant tab on the computer programme.
After successfully completing that stage you are invited to attend an assessment which is 3 hours. We had to draft an e-mail response to an e-mail enquiry, do a call role play, one to one interview (with competency questions), then finally had to work as a group to help a failing business with a £50k budget- this was quite challenging with regards to everyone wanting to shine so there was a few people trying to talk over eachother, and trying to reach a majority decision.
You need to pass a minimum of 3 of the above to be successful.
All SSE staff were really down to earth- no egos which was refreshing!
It took 3 days from attending the assessment centre to find out if you had been successful or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SSE

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Sent off CV, then was invited to do an online assessment. Within an hour of completing tris I was invited to take part in a telephone interview. Had that this morning with a lovely recruitment manager from Cardiff, Reehan. After a short 20 minute conversation I was informed I had passed that stage and invited to attend their assessment centre in Cumbernauld for the final stage in the recruitments process, the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

online application, telephone interview and assessment day. Called me day after interview to offer me the job. Overall good positive experience. Very friendly recruitment team and the two managers who interviewed me were extremely nice and helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Received a link for an online call simulation test. If you pass it you receive an invitation to book a place at the assessment centre for a face-to-face, competency based interview and roll play. There was around 15 other people getting interviewed. Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Got the call the next day to say I had got the job and discussed start-date etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SSE?
      Tell me about a time you provided great customer service?
      What factors should you consider when resolving the non-payment of an account?
      Describe customer service in 3 words.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email shortly after inviting me to an assessment/interview. The email detailed what to prepare for the interview and supplied practice maths assessment papers.

I arrived for the interview and after being signed in etc we (around 20 of us) were taken to a room where we were told about the company/job. We then completed a reading (answering questions about a bill provided eg 'what's the account number?'), listening (answer questions about a short paragraph which was read to us) and maths assessment (calculator- basic percentages, multiplication etc). After this, we were each taken to be interviewed (competency based) by two managers who made me feel very relaxed. At the end of the interview I was shown out and received a phone call two days later offering me the job (hours/start date etc were discussed).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations for a customer.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the company? (Research this before interview)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to meet targets and what you would do if you found this difficult.   Answer Question
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Havant, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SSE (Havant, England (UK)).

Interview

A group interview, a maths and English test, then an individual interview. The group interview and tests were straight forward while the individual interview, in hindsight, gives off the impression of far more personalised and caring customer service than SSE can even permit from what fundamentally boils down to the job being grunt work.

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Three part interview consisting of a listening, reading and numerical test, followed by a face to face competency question based interview with members of management and finally a roleplay, where you pretend to answer the phone to an irate customer (acted by one of the managers interviewing you)
    For the numerical test a practice test is emailed out, I would recommend you do this in advance as although the test is not difficult, it helps to know what they are looking for.
    The listening and reading portions of the test are very easy, listening to a short paragraph and take notes of any info that might be useful (big hint - the person reading it out pauses after every piece of information you need) and the reading test is just answering questions based on information taken from a dummy statement.
    The face-to-face interview is a bit more in-depth but consists mainly of your standard competency based interview questions. Definitely do a bit of research on SSE in advance and they'll love you.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to prioritise your workload.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SSE (Cumbernauld, Scotland (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

First telephone part seemed rushed however HR were nice enough. Awaiting assessement in more than a months time, plenty of prep time however seems a bit long to wait for the interview, have been reading a lot of good reviews on here about SSE so am looking forward to it

Interview Questions

• Example of going the extra mile, What makes good customer service   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SSE (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview testing mathematical,logical skills, and a mock phone call. questions and answers asking typical questions regarding yourself, why you want this job, what qualities you have for this role. Your past experience and difficult situations you dealt with customers.The interviewers were friendly and nice. Overall good experience and a good company. work has shift patterns which every call centre has.

Interview Questions

• tell about yourself. why you want this job.Your positives and negetives   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Havant, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Havant, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Morning of group assessment and tests. You are shown a video of SSE employees going the extra mile and asked questions about your knowledge of the company. After you may listen to a call and have to pick out positives and negatives. If you pass the tests you are invited back for an interview in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went the extra mile?
      What is your previous customer service experience?
      Which of SSE SET (company values) do you think is the most important?
      Answer Question