Cover image for SSM Health

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

SSM Health Graduate Nurse Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 677 interviews

Recruiter8%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SSM Health (Saint Louis, MO) in Dec 2021

Interview

Applied for Graduate Nurse Residency. Got a call from a recruiter asking me which hospital & areas of nursing I was interested in. She set up shadows & interviews on multiple units. Had an offer in less than 48 hours.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to call a code. How did you react?
    1 Answer

SSM Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SSM Health in Jan 2021

Interview

I spoke over the phone with a recruiter who then set me up with a nurse manager on the unit I was interested in. I then met with the nurse manager for a formal interview. It was pretty relaxed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

71.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=SSM Health~2987
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SSM Health (Saint Louis, MO) in Mar 2019

Interview

I applied online, then completed a video interview. They give you questions and you can record your responses as many times as you’d like. Then you will set up an in person interview with the unit managers. The interview was very relaxed and the manager was very nice and positive. Not at all intimidating. After the interview with the manager, you will shadow another nurse on the unit for a few hours.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you displayed compassion.
  • Tell me about a time you worked with someone with a different cultural background than you.
  • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a patient or coworker and how did you resolve it.
  • Where do you see yourself in 2-5 years?
  • Why should we hire you?
  • Describe a time you encouraged your peers or coworkers to use their resources wisely.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SSM Health (Saint Louis, MO) in Mar 2019

Interview

Very easy and straight forward. Every thing is very streamlined in order to make the transition from care partner to nurse to be as easy as possible. I have no qualms with any part of the experience.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked how much I would be looking to get paid

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at SSM Health (Saint Louis, MO) in Mar 2019

Interview

I had a video interview, then was contacted to set up a phone interview, then an interview with a hiring manager. The video interview was nice because you are able to delete/rerecord responses. The human resources representative who guided me through the whole thing was very nice and helpful and answered all and any questions I had.

Interview Questions
  • How will you effectively deliver care to diverse populations?

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SSM Health (Saint Louis, MO) in Dec 2018

Interview

I had a phone screening with HR asking the basic questions. I was asked my preferred speciality and she told me about the pay, benefits, the hospital itself and the culture. I was then scheduled to meet with the nurse manager and to shadow in the unit. I met with HR in her office before the manager was ready for me and I asked her a few questions. The managers associate brought me down to the office and she told me about the unit and what to expect as a new graduate there. She asked me some questions and vice versa. She had to run to another meeting but gave me her card. I was taken to the unit itself and was able to shadow for a couple hours. The staff was very nice and helpful and didn't seem to mind my barrage of questions. Overall I felt the unit was a great fit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SSM Health (Saint Louis, MO) in Nov 2018

Interview

I started with an online application, then a video interview and then a group interview at the hospital where I met with the recruiter, nurse manager and educator and then a preceptorship for a couple of hours.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SSM Health (Saint Louis, MO) in Aug 2018

Interview

Started out with an online video interview, then it moved into a phone call to see what I was interested in, which then moved into a face to face interview and shadow experience.

Interview Questions
  • How my morals and beliefs aligned with SSM's mission and values.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SSM Health (Saint Louis, MO) in Jun 2018

Interview

The interview and hiring process was very smooth. Simply file an application online, and within a few days, a talent specialist will reach out to you. If you qualify, then you will be guided toward the next step in the process. Everything was simple and easy to understand. They asked for a video interview, which you could re-record as many times as you would like before you hit submit. After that, they will ask you for an in-person interview with the team leader of the floor you are interested in. Once you pass that interview, you will also have a peer interview with some of the nurses working on the floor. After those three interviews, the talent specialist will reach out to you via email and phone to confirm your job offer and employment details.

Interview Questions
  • What you consider respect? What do you think of the hospital's mission values and their mission statement? Give some examples of when you had a difficult patient experience and how you dealt with the situation. What are some qualities you would expect to see in an ideal employee?

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SSM Health (Saint Louis, MO) in Apr 2018

Interview

My recruiter set everything up with the team leader once i sent her my available dates. All I had to do was show up and meet my interviewer which was great because I was nearing the end of nursing school and was busy as ever. So not having to navigate a date and go through the back and forth was very convenient.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews