ST Electronics (Singapore) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.6

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. 1st was with the operations manager, 2nd was with my direct supervisor. But only found out about the 'real' working conditions and high turn-over rate on my first day of work.

Interview Questions

• - Are you comfortable with doing 24/7 standby duties?
      - Do you have any hands-on networking/electrical/electronics trouble-shooting skills/experience?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

2 rounds of interview.
    1st round was a panel interview.
    -There were 3 interviewers.
    -The whiteboard is listed with 7 items and you have to rank from 1 to 7 which is the most important & least important to you.
    -From your ranking, they will ask you why you rank x as 1st, y as 2nd etc.

2nd round was with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself.
      What kind of jobs are you looking for?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a panel of about 7 interviewers from various department. They will take turns to ask about your interest in various field of software engineering, such as development and maintenance.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose development instead of maintenance?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore).

Interview

1 round of panel interview. took around 1 week to call up for interview. it was through an recruitment agency. during the interview , sit in a room with other interviewers and wait for your turn to be called. after 1 week, hr will call you whether to hire you for the job

Interview Questions

• ask what are your interests, as i was a fresh grad , asked me what projects i did in school . they will filter out based on whether you like development or maintenance work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

Several panels possibly from different departments will ask about your past internships/projects. Asked to rank 7 choices (location, job scope, prospects, etc). Will ask which side you're more inclined to (development or maintenance). And based on what you rank, they will ask questions about it. Generally friendly panels.

Interview Questions

• Rate programming skills (1-10), what project was done using this language.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

It was a panel interview. They were more interested in past projects and skill sets. Nonetheless, passion in the IT industry is definitely a need. A follow up second interview if you are selected. Hiring process took about a month.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

Got a call from recruitment agency that St Electronics is looking for a software engineer, arranged a date for me to go down for interview. The whole process is pretty quick, did a c++ test on basic C++ coding. the test consist of 50 mcq questions. follow by asking some misc questions.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to be a software engineer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

1st round interview was with a panel made up of various departments.
    2nd round interview was with the VP. Mostly personality/background questions, no technical interview.
    Standard interview questions, make sure you go prepared.
    Questions will be asked about your past experiences and how it would be relevant

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore).

Interview

One of the interviewer will ask about your personality to see if you will fit into their culture.
    They are basically looking someone who is able to commit to the company, working for them for a very long time.
    The other interviewer will ask about some technical questions and ask you to rate your confidence level in programming from 1 to 10.
    They value programmers with C++ skill set.

Interview Questions

• Rate your confidence level in programming from 1 to 10.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

Need to go through 2 rounds of interview. First round was easy going. Panel was friendly. Not all will be asking questions
    No technical questions asked. Tell me about yourself and your project experiences. Need to rank and prioritizes a list of criteria rank them from 1 to 7- job scope, location, prospects etc.
    E