ST Electronics (Singapore) Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.7

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1. Found the position through agent and go through phone screening
2. Panel interview with direct manager and division manager
3. Simple programming test (8 years ago)
4. Standard common interview process. i.e. Tell me about yourselves, etc

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ST Electronics (Singapore)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore).

Interview

1st Interview was about asking your programming language proficiency followed by rating your job expectation, location, salary package and so on from 1-7. They tend to ask about past projects done.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There are two interviews. the interviews were more like a chat than an interview. First interview includes a panel of interviewers. The second interview depends on what department decides to interview you. Interviewers were pleasant and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

2 rounds of interview.
    1st round was a panel interview.
    -There were 3 interviewers.
    -The whiteboard is listed with 7 items and you have to rank from 1 to 7 which is the most important & least important to you.
    -From your ranking, they will ask you why you rank x as 1st, y as 2nd etc.

2nd round was with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself.
      What kind of jobs are you looking for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a panel of about 7 interviewers from various department. They will take turns to ask about your interest in various field of software engineering, such as development and maintenance.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore).

Interview

1 round of panel interview. took around 1 week to call up for interview. it was through an recruitment agency. during the interview , sit in a room with other interviewers and wait for your turn to be called. after 1 week, hr will call you whether to hire you for the job

Interview Questions

• ask what are your interests, as i was a fresh grad , asked me what projects i did in school . they will filter out based on whether you like development or maintenance work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

Several panels possibly from different departments will ask about your past internships/projects. Asked to rank 7 choices (location, job scope, prospects, etc). Will ask which side you're more inclined to (development or maintenance). And based on what you rank, they will ask questions about it. Generally friendly panels.

Interview Questions

• Rate programming skills (1-10), what project was done using this language.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

It was a panel interview. They were more interested in past projects and skill sets. Nonetheless, passion in the IT industry is definitely a need. A follow up second interview if you are selected. Hiring process took about a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore) (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

1st round interview was with a panel made up of various departments.
    2nd round interview was with the VP. Mostly personality/background questions, no technical interview.
    Standard interview questions, make sure you go prepared.
    Questions will be asked about your past experiences and how it would be relevant

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ST Electronics (Singapore).

Interview

One of the interviewer will ask about your personality to see if you will fit into their culture.
    They are basically looking someone who is able to commit to the company, working for them for a very long time.
    The other interviewer will ask about some technical questions and ask you to rate your confidence level in programming from 1 to 10.
    They value programmers with C++ skill set.

Interview Questions

• Rate your confidence level in programming from 1 to 10.   Answer Question