STIHL Incorporated Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 30, 2017

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was called by an HR representative to set up an interview with her. Had a phone interview with her a couple days later to give me a basic rundown. A week later I had a phone interview with the hiring managers. It went very well and about a week later brought me in for a face-to-face meeting.

I felt the meeting went fine and I'm usually the type to beat myself-up afterwards for saying something stupid, but I was happy with the way I handled myself. I met with two people. An older gentleman who was head of the department and a younger female who was to be my immediate supervisor. He did most of the talking while she was quiet. I learned she's fresh out of college and was promoted quickly through someone retiring, so she seemed out of her element during the interview and let him handle it. I asked them what they love about working at STIHL and received a laugh before composing themselves. They looked at each other like "do you want to answer first?" That set off my alarm bells and maybe they noticed this. Maybe they were doing me a favor in retrospect.

Several days after the face-to-face interview I got a call from the HR rep telling me they're going on with the process without me and that it, "basically came down to a gut decision". Whatever that means.

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I turned in a resume and they flew me out there, with a statement from the recruiter that he was referring me for the position. Had to take two vacation days to go to this place. Interview went very well. Probably the best interview of my life. What they didn't bother to tell me is that the employee who had vacated the position wanted to come back. I feel like I was treated like an office politics pawn just so they could say they interviewed several people before taking their old employee back. I feel like the whole process was dishonest. I answered every question asked. One guy said I didn't answer a question thoroughly enough. If you wanted more information out of me, you should have asked me directly what you wanted to know. I can't read minds. I'm sorry, but I didn't even put that I'm a mind reader on my resume. Just a bad experience. Interviewers need to ask concise questions. If you didn't like my answer, give me a chance to fix it. There was a lot more to my story than what they asked me. Just left me feeling devastated. They totally led me on and just crushed me in the end.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions about SAP which I knew because I am an SAP Super User.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Apprentiship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Following all steps in application prosess and years of experience, I was scheduled for an interview. Traveling from TENNESSEE to VIRGINIA.....No interview although scheduled for one. Just a skills test. WHAT DO THEY WANT??? Came from Tennessee to Virginia for an interview??????

Interview Questions

• To fiscally take apart a carborator?? Apprentiship??? TRAINING???????   4 Answers

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated.

Interview

Phone interview was pleasant enough. During in person interview standard issue questions. Staff took phone calls, checked emails(?), showed each other their phone screens. They seemed disinterested in the process.

IT Infrastructure Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online application, received an email 2 days later to send in a resume, phone interview with their Technical Recruiter, 4 weeks later received an email to setup onsite interview which was 3 days after. The onsite interview was suppose to be with same Technical Recruiter, Operations & Office Systems Manager and Interim Director of IS, but I only had interviews with the Technical Recruiter, Operations & Office Systems Manager. I was told they would setup another onsite interview with the Interim Director of IS. I was told 2 weeks later from the HR manager that the Technical Recruiter would provide feedback within another week. I never heard back about the other interview with the Interim Director of IS nor any feedback on the onsite interview I did have. I did however find out that they were suppose to create 2-3 more positions and were not sure if they were going to pursue the job they posted and that I had applied for. Oh and yes I should have got a clue when they mentioned Interim Director of IS!

Interview Questions

• On site interview was just a casual sit down discussing their organization, sturcture and duties and then I was told "I guess I have to ask you the usual quesitons" which were why do you want to work here, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses and then what type of management style do you use?   Answer Question

Buyer/Value Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

A reqruiting company setup the interview, then I had a phone interview before the face to face. I was interviewed by a HR, members in the department, and a group representative before the last interview with the department head. Process was with delay and with long wait between interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not clear but ended up listening to his own past experiences. I did not know what to say.   Answer Question

Salary was less than desired.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was difficult, but after I finally got an interview lined up things went smoothly. It was a pretty general interview that was not too terrible. They do expect you to be a highly capable individual and will not accept anything less. It is a very high standards company that requires effort to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding PLC programming that I was not very knowledgable about.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

They're not clear about what they want in the description. The skills they list make it sound like they want a .NET Web Developer. But when you interview, you find out they want this developer to know desktop development and a little networking as well. They'd also like the person to have experience in Java.

They make it sound like you're joining a team and mentoring younger developers. They're really looking for you to be the sole person in charge of all application development (web and desktop) and create an Operations Department from scratch (create an SDLC, list of best practices, deployment process, source control, etc.). In my opinion, this is above a Software Engineer and they'll have a tough time filling this position even if they correct the job description.

It's going to be difficult to find a good developer well-versed in so many different areas. Sounds like they want a Web Programmer/UI Developer/Windows Application Developer/Systems Administrator/Development Manager hybrid who will do all the work. They're not looking to hire more people for a few more years.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years?   1 Answer
    • How would you setup our infrastructure?   1 Answer

Buyer A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interviews and 2 visits, only to have 2 low level managers curse me out and act completely unprofessional, I walked out of the interview but still got the job

Negotiation

2 rounds, that resulted in mr getting my salary requirements...make your best deal right from the start

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Norfolk, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

the hr person was good. the hiring manager is an ass. he must be german, so he thinks he is superior above all. he had a nasty attitude. even if he offered me the job, i would not work for that guy anyway. he does not like anyone, that is what was told to me after the interview. at this rate no one will ever work for that ass.