STIHL Incorporated Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at STIHL Incorporated

2.9

Supply Chain Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I applied back on 6/26/2020. I received a call from a HR representative on July 8th, 2020, who went over all the perks, compensation and benefits of the company. This was the initial call in which is was not very much to describe because all the questions were either yes or no and an interview. I was moved on in the process and an HR rep contacted me through email and I was scheduled on July 14th for me to speak with 2 managers. When July 14th got here, I was waiting on the webex conference call on the time that was given, and no one joined the meeting, this was odd, so I immediately contacted the HR representative via email and telephone to ask her were there some sort of mix up? She emailed me and stated that she apologize that she had the wrong date and time- the meeting was scheduled for July 15, 2020 at 1pm. She stated that was here fault and apologized again. July 15th came and I proactively contacted the HR rep via email to make sure that nothing changed. I gave it about 10 mins and but I could not wait for the response because my scheduled interview was about to start. I finally got to interview with a manager, the other manager had something going on that she could not make it. Needless to say, I managed to get the interview done with one of the managers. I am qualified for the position it, it fits what I was already doing well and everything that STIHL does in this position I did at my last position-so it would be down to her not liking me as an individual- or my "background" for her not to choose me-- I meet all the qualifications and then some. So, the HR rep that I emailed earlier emails me back and tells me that one of the managers had a personal emergency and has to reschedule. So, I emailed her back to let her know that I had already interviewed with one of the managers ( I thought this would have already been communicated to her), I did not get a reply back from that email. I reached out back out on 7/24/2020 to the original HR rep and asked when would a decision be made for the Supply Chain Supervisor Position? Another HR representative contacted me and said she was answering my email question, she said that one of the managers filled her position and I needed to put in my application for the 2nd position.. I was confused because one of the managers never set up another interview with me and noone contacted me to state that I needed another interview with both managers.. something doesnt seem right here... She told me to apply for the 2nd position which is one of the other managers position and I was still under consideration. Something sounds fishy. So this means that the other manager already knew who she was going to hire because I never received the chance to be interviewed. Since I already interviewed with the other manager I submitted my application and resume on 7/24. I havent heard anything back yet but, just wanted to write this review to give insight on what obstacles I faced with interviewing with this company. I will update this as I get information.. Well they contacted me today through email and said that the manager I interviewed with is moving on with a few other candidates with a bit more experience. Um.... i have 7 years experience and they are only asking for 5. They just black ⚫ me. But that's ok. I wouldn't want to work for a person like her anyway, she did me a favor!

Interview Questions

• Regular interview questions about what I did at my company-probing questions.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Bradenton, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

I was referred by an existing Stihl Store Owner that I have well over 20 years of a working relationship with. I contacted them via Phone call first, then I called texted , second and I used the name of the referral. I followed up with an Email and copied both. The interview was friendly but professional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Stihl   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was called by an HR representative to set up an interview with her. Had a phone interview with her a couple days later to give me a basic rundown. A week later I had a phone interview with the hiring managers. It went very well and about a week later brought me in for a face-to-face meeting.

I felt the meeting went fine and I'm usually the type to beat myself-up afterwards for saying something stupid, but I was happy with the way I handled myself. I met with two people. An older gentleman who was head of the department and a younger female who was to be my immediate supervisor. He did most of the talking while she was quiet. I learned she's fresh out of college and was promoted quickly through someone retiring, so she seemed out of her element during the interview and let him handle it. I asked them what they love about working at STIHL and received a laugh before composing themselves. They looked at each other like "do you want to answer first?" That set off my alarm bells and maybe they noticed this. Maybe they were doing me a favor in retrospect.

Several days after the face-to-face interview I got a call from the HR rep telling me they're going on with the process without me and that it, "basically came down to a gut decision". Whatever that means.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated in May 2017.

Interview

One on one interview with an industrial engineer. Went through the resume, asked what i wanted to do with my degree and what the position entailed. Asked about my experience with excel (use of macros).

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I turned in a resume and they flew me out there, with a statement from the recruiter that he was referring me for the position. Had to take two vacation days to go to this place. Interview went very well. Probably the best interview of my life. What they didn't bother to tell me is that the employee who had vacated the position wanted to come back. I feel like I was treated like an office politics pawn just so they could say they interviewed several people before taking their old employee back. I feel like the whole process was dishonest. I answered every question asked. One guy said I didn't answer a question thoroughly enough. If you wanted more information out of me, you should have asked me directly what you wanted to know. I can't read minds. I'm sorry, but I didn't even put that I'm a mind reader on my resume. Just a bad experience. Interviewers need to ask concise questions. If you didn't like my answer, give me a chance to fix it. There was a lot more to my story than what they asked me. Just left me feeling devastated. They totally led me on and just crushed me in the end.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions about SAP which I knew because I am an SAP Super User.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Apprentiship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Following all steps in application prosess and years of experience, I was scheduled for an interview. Traveling from TENNESSEE to VIRGINIA.....No interview although scheduled for one. Just a skills test. WHAT DO THEY WANT??? Came from Tennessee to Virginia for an interview??????

Interview Questions

• To fiscally take apart a carborator?? Apprentiship??? TRAINING???????   4 Answers

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated.

Interview

Phone interview was pleasant enough. During in person interview standard issue questions. Staff took phone calls, checked emails(?), showed each other their phone screens. They seemed disinterested in the process.

IT Infrastructure Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online application, received an email 2 days later to send in a resume, phone interview with their Technical Recruiter, 4 weeks later received an email to setup onsite interview which was 3 days after. The onsite interview was suppose to be with same Technical Recruiter, Operations & Office Systems Manager and Interim Director of IS, but I only had interviews with the Technical Recruiter, Operations & Office Systems Manager. I was told they would setup another onsite interview with the Interim Director of IS. I was told 2 weeks later from the HR manager that the Technical Recruiter would provide feedback within another week. I never heard back about the other interview with the Interim Director of IS nor any feedback on the onsite interview I did have. I did however find out that they were suppose to create 2-3 more positions and were not sure if they were going to pursue the job they posted and that I had applied for. Oh and yes I should have got a clue when they mentioned Interim Director of IS!

Interview Questions

• On site interview was just a casual sit down discussing their organization, sturcture and duties and then I was told "I guess I have to ask you the usual quesitons" which were why do you want to work here, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses and then what type of management style do you use?   Answer Question

Buyer/Value Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

A reqruiting company setup the interview, then I had a phone interview before the face to face. I was interviewed by a HR, members in the department, and a group representative before the last interview with the department head. Process was with delay and with long wait between interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not clear but ended up listening to his own past experiences. I did not know what to say.   Answer Question

Salary was less than desired.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was difficult, but after I finally got an interview lined up things went smoothly. It was a pretty general interview that was not too terrible. They do expect you to be a highly capable individual and will not accept anything less. It is a very high standards company that requires effort to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding PLC programming that I was not very knowledgable about.   Answer Question