STIHL Incorporated Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at STIHL Incorporated

1 Interview Review

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at STIHL Incorporated (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

They're not clear about what they want in the description. The skills they list make it sound like they want a .NET Web Developer. But when you interview, you find out they want this developer to know desktop development and a little networking as well. They'd also like the person to have experience in Java.

They make it sound like you're joining a team and mentoring younger developers. They're really looking for you to be the sole person in charge of all application development (web and desktop) and create an Operations Department from scratch (create an SDLC, list of best practices, deployment process, source control, etc.). In my opinion, this is above a Software Engineer and they'll have a tough time filling this position even if they correct the job description.

It's going to be difficult to find a good developer well-versed in so many different areas. Sounds like they want a Web Programmer/UI Developer/Windows Application Developer/Systems Administrator/Development Manager hybrid who will do all the work. They're not looking to hire more people for a few more years.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years?   1 Answer
  • How would you setup our infrastructure?   1 Answer