STMicroelectronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

3.3

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was a campus recruitment. The process was a technical test followed by interview. I did not clear the technical aptitude test, I guess.This was a campus recruitment. The process was a technical test followed by interview. I did not clear the technical aptitude test, I guess.This was a campus recruitment.

Interview Questions

• Some aptitude question I dont remember. It was a technical test full of all kinds of questions.   Answer Question

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tunis, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Tunis, MI).

Interview

just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer, just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer, just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer, just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer,

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2017.

Interview

1 to 1 interview with the Manager (Engineer). Relaxing atmosphere as the standard interviewing questions were being asked. He shared more about the nature of the job, expectation and requirement from the candidate. Being direct without beating about the bush was a plus sign; showing that what the company ones from people taking this job.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

1st time in my career life, I have attended such a prolonged interview sessions.
    - 1st interview: slightly more than an hour (by local based Quality Manager followed by overseas based regional quality head)

- 2nd interview: Almost half a day interview by 3-4 Mgrs followed by regional head again.
    Meanwhile collected even salary payslips from my former 2 employers & again provide CPF proof to show evidence on my basic pay.

- background check from references. My friends/past colleagues even kindled me saying, am I applied for director level post hehehe...

Above all these, received flak reply for checking on outcome of interview. I was so frustrated that, before 1st interview began...HR starts to negotiate my basic to expect lower than my current pay.

Waste of my precious time.

Interview Questions

• What makes you to leave recent job ?   1 Answer

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (New Delhi (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on campus. There were three rounds. One written other technical and last HR. Written was objective questions based on digital analog and cmos. Technical round was more digital and cmos based. Some practical questions on sequential circuits were asked. Overall it was good. Interviewers were warm and friendly.

Interview Questions

• setup hold time violations, flipflop ckt, sequential circuits,   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Taipei (Taiwan)) in February 2016.

Interview

begin with an English test
    2 interviewers
    Talk about my experience and have many questions from my school stage to each jobs
    Ask to show some hardware protocol working flow.
    it spend around 2 hours including the exam and face to face interview.
    It's a good experience to discuss many techniques with hiring manager.

IP Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview

I got call from HR and asked to schedule interview on next day. Interview questions are on Topics - Digital design, Verilog, specific protocol knowledge, Systemverilog, OOPS, UVM and apptitude. It was not a tough interview. They also asked about the project I prepared during my internship and Set up and Hold concept related questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions related to Digital design, Verilog, specific protocol, Systemverilog, OOPS, UVM and apptitude.   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

2 rounds technical interview, then final as a HR interview. In First round of interview,it was 1 to 1, he asked some questions regarding my project in the college and asked few questions regarding C programming. 2nd round almost the some thing, but some other interviewers.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions related to your project experience   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview

It was a only single technical interview and questions were asked from digital electronics of Bachelors and the project you have done in the courses. It was one to one face toface interview and interviwer was nice.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Chandigarh (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. it was a 40 -45 minute telephonic interview. The interview was mainly on the projects I have done during my college period and The interview covered basic concepts of the subjects I have studied like digital analog dsp and questions related to C language were asked.

Interview Questions

• What are preprocessor directives?
      Difference between Structure and Union   Answer Question