STRIVE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

STRIVE Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2016

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at STRIVE in April 2010.

Interview

Be very professional and ready to "Tell me about yourself" several interviews with Regional Director,Executive Director then CEO. Dress Professional and have a good firm handshake. Have a passion for helping others. Be prepared to deal with former incarcerated, people with criminal records, unemployed, and people who are mandated to take class.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, they don't want to hear about your Family, they want to know what you have to offer them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard Scale based on position, non nonnegotiable

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at STRIVE (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Just want to see who you are and your personality. Seems like a high stress environment with a lot of hours without very good pay.

The salary/commission structure

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at STRIVE (New York, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 2 interviews. The first interview was with the Development Director at lasted roughly an hour. The second interview took place approx. 2 weeks after the first interview and was a series of 1-on-1 interviews. The initial interviewer was the ED (30 mins), followed by the President (15-20 mins), and finally with the fiscal department head and HR Specialist.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly straight forward and revolved around the fundraising teams needs: ie - how would you prioritize a reports that due tomorrow and an LOI due tomorrow as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

the negotiation was straight forward. Some point after my second interview they sent and email offering me the position and within the email was the title and salary of the position being offered. I responded I would love to accept the offer but I would need approx. $5K more than offered, and the organizations response was they couldn't at this time commit to $5K but would entertain a salary increase at my year review.

Interview

The process was very smooth and straightforward. The interviewer was informative and pleasant.
    The questions were well thought out and not the typical boring HR questions. It was more of a comfortable chat than an interview. The interviewer was quick to get back to me afterwards.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at STRIVE (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2010.

Interview

From the first phone call to the last in person offer presentation, all details were accounted for and the company showed utmost professionalism. There was never a time where I did not know where we were at in the process or when I was going to hear back from the company. The process with STRIVE should be a benchmark for employers across the city. The Interviewer was very knowledgeable, approachable and understood my needs.