STS International (WV) Engineering Analyst I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

STS International (WV) Engineering Analyst I Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at STS International (WV)

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Engineering Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at STS International (WV) (Morrisville, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a member of the company's recruitment team, they had called after finding my resume on a job search website. After describing the position and asking about my experience and comfort in working with Unix/Linux, a date/time was set up for a skills test.
The skills test is a phone call with the team lead or a senior analyst that consists of basic troubleshooting questions, and asking what commands are used for what purpose. The results of this are reviewed after the call, to ensure that any 'wrong' answers you may have given can be checked to confirm whether they were actually wrong or on the right track.
The following day, I received a call from the recruitment team again to set up a face-to-face interview. I met with the team lead, the teams supervisor, and the GTRC manager. We discussed my resume, my personality, and a small additional skills assessment. This assessment consisted of writing multiple commands piped together on the whiteboard, and determining what the final output would be (I didn't get this correct, but explained myself as I went along). Additionally some troubleshooting questions were asked to see how you would narrow down a problem if you had a general problem statement from a client.

This is the extent of the interview process, if all went well here the recruitment team calls again to set up your background check and send an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• If I call in as a user and say that every time I log into my shell, I'm automatically logged out, how would you troubleshoot that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make your initial offer high. I made the mistake of making my initial offer too low, and it was accepted immediately with no attempt to offer a lower wage.