SThree Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

3.6

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SThree (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I began by being phone screened by an intern from the Talent Acquisition team. I was asked about my resume and why I was interested in a sales role. The next step was a Skype interview with two different people. The first hour was a hiring manager going over my resume and asking for examples of resilience and competitiveness. The second part was with someone else where we did a role play. I had to sell to her a join a club. She gave me feedback and Sthree's selling structure. The final part of the interview was in the office. I began the day by getting lunch and asking questions. Then i did a work sample, calling candidates trying to get leads for clients. The final part of the day was a presentation. I presented in front of 3 hiring managers, and then they asked me questions more in depth about my presentation. I then was asked to recall the Sthree selling structure and then had to sell ad space to one of the managers.

I thought the Sthree team was very unprofessional throughout the entire process. From the beginning the talent acquisition member I was working with did not understand timezones. I did not want to be rude and correct her, but every phone call or Skype interview was 2 hours earlier than I expected. I was also sent the wrong prompt for my final presentation. I found out the day before and changed my entire 10 minute presentation the night before. Finally, when I was giving my presentation the three hiring managers in the room were extremely unprofessional. They were laughing throughout the presentation writing on my resume in bubble letters.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SThree (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very thorough with value information on the company and position being offered. You get a real sense as to what actual employees like about working here and they give you lots of opportunity to sell yourself. You get a real sense as to what it is like working here during the interview largely because of the amount of time you spend interviewing with different associates. You have many opportunities to show how your past experiences will add value to the company and you get to role play to show how you would handle a sales situation.

Interview Questions

• How would you get me to sign up and attend for the club that you are vice president for knowing I have enough money in my pocket now to sign up?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SThree (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

1st interview
    Practical half day on the job
    Presentation and Interview

Tough interview but I really enjoyed the process. Everyone was professional through each stage and I appreciated they are so detail oriented because they want to get the right candidates. I also got a chance to meet other Sales Consultants and ask them questions about life in the day of a recruiter etc. I found that so helpful and it was also reassuring to see what a positive group of people it was that worked there. I'm a month in and I love it here - glad I persevered through the process.

Interview Questions

• Examples to prove I had competencies like resilience, ambition etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SThree (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First phone interview gauged interest in company and recruiting, asked some tough question to see how you react to stress (asked if I was pleased with my college gpa, which wasn't particularly impressive) . Follow up phone interview where they asked me to do more research on the industry and the job as a whole. Do your research! Then Skype interview with two directors separately, first was a standard interview that lasted about an hour and half, asked about motivation, examples of sales experience, times you've taken criticism ect... Have good examples and don't panic when they ask tough questions, because they are looking for how you handle stress. Second director did a breif interview then conducted two different role plays: the first was about my sales pitch from my last job, and the second was recruiting him to join a club on the spot. Know how to ask questions in a sales pitch. They then asked me to come into the office for the final round. The first half of the day was work sample where you worked on the phone stripping leads, they say it's less of a test but more an opportunity for you to see if you are cut out for this kind of work. I went out to lunch with another employee where I was free to ask any questions without fear of judgement. After lunch I gave a presentation on a prompt they sent me a week before and then did a quick interview with the overall director of the office and another role play where I tried to sell add space to the company. The last role play is very difficult so don't get discouraged if it doesn't go as planned. You have to ask the right questions as always. Overall the process was very intensive and stressful at times, but that is because this job has less to do with your resume or experience, but who you are and how you react to adversity. They like to see people have a very specific job search and know what they want to do and where they want to be, apply to other recruiting firms and other jobs in the area so they know you are serious about this position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, but this is also my first job so there wasn't alot I could leverage anyways. The standard base salary is 35k but it's uncapped commission so if you don't want to mand a living that way, avoid this job.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Interview

Extremely intense interview. Had a full day of interviews followed by a day spent cold calling in the office. The process did not take long and I heard the result of my interview shortly after.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SThree in May 2014.

Interview

I got in contact with them through a career fair and corresponded over email to get an in-person interview. I interviewed with three people and it went well. They said they would get in touch with me the next day to tell me if I would move on in the process but they never contacted me. After my initial thank you emails, I sent another one a couple days later asking for an update and they never responded. Disappointing and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you remember everyone's name you spoke with and a few key points from each conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SThree (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This interview process involved 4 steps.

1. Initial talk with the Talent Scout: This will last about 30 mins. This is to get more detail about the position, how you applied, why you are interested and general questions about what you want in a job.

2.Initial interview with Talent Scout: This interview was to tell you about the position and to find out your motives and interests. This interview was to find out if you are interested in what the company is about and what the position consists of. (1 hour)

3. Interview with 2 Managers: I had my interview via Skype because I was unable to come in to the office. But this interview will more than likely occur in the office. The first manager asked a lot about you, your resume and what makes you right for the position. This interview was intense and it lasted about 1 hour and 30 mins. The second manager interview was a role play and more review of your resume. This interview isn't as much as into detail as the first manager. You will be asked questions about your interests and the company. Then you will be expected to sale something to the manager. This interview lasted about an hour.

4. This is the most intense part. You go into the office for an entire day. You will shadow a manager, you will be expected to call candidates and obtain the information the company wants you to get. After that, you will go to lunch with a member of the team and you can ask ANY questions you want. This is kind of like an interview but a little more informal. After that you get an hour to yourself, either practice on your presentation, get coffee, do homework, anything you want really. After that you make a 10 minute presentation (pretty easy) then a 2 hour interview with the director, the managers you interviewed with and potentially the talent scout. The director asks you questions, a lot of them. Be ready to answer them truthfully, because they do write down things and ask for more details about certain things. BE truthful, be yourself, and you should do good. This process lasted 7 hours.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions... be ready to be truthful about who you are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SThree.

Interview

I had a shortened version of their standard (and very lengthy) interview process. I was contacted by an internal recruiter initially, and we set up a time to talk.

1) Phone interview with the internal recruiter. About an hour long.
    2) Phone interview with the hiring manager. About an hour long.
    3) 10 minute presentation followed by an hour and half face-to-face interview with 3 managers.

Be prepared to ask meaningful questions and to understand how their company truly differs from the rest. The managers asked a lot of tough questions in the final round, but I was still able to laugh and joke around a bit during the process.

The atmosphere in the office was lively. Everyone seemed to be friends, and they were all pretty young.

Interview Questions

• Compared to what our competitors can offer you, how do you know that you want to work for this company specifically?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SThree (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The phone interview was very casual, focused truly on whether the job was what I was looking for, questions, my background, etc. Then I went in for the 1:1 interview with the division manager. He was overall pretty nice, but asked some offbeat questions--really tried to test me, so DON'T ramble or say something on a whim. He will scrutinize it. Then we did a role-play where I had to sell him a pen. I got called back for the final interview which consisted of a presentation and a panel (3 people) interview. The presentation is fine as long as you prepare and practice it. However, make sure you know EXACTLY what you are saying because, once again, they are looking to test your confidence and catch you off guard. So mean what you mean when you say it. No "BS"ing. Then another role-play where I had to get someone to join my team. Much easier the second time around. Then they gave me a tour of the office and the interview was over. I thought I had it in the bag. A week later they called and gave the position to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time specifically when you did something ambitious in your previous position, the timeline of it and the goals you had to meet.   Answer Question
    • How long do you think it takes to reach the consultant role or the lead consultant role?   Answer Question

Recruiter Consultant Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SThree (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Cold called the company and had a really nice initial phone conversation with a representative in NY; seemed like a very professional, but also friendly, environment. Secondary phone interview with a representative in Houston was very detailed and formal, lasted about an hour. I was then emailed a comprehensive interview preparation packet. The in person interview was about an hour and a half. I first spoke with the hiring manager. The conversation was fairly standard, except that he kept looking out the window while talking to me, and seemed impatient when I was asking questions. I then spoke with a member of the team, who was very professional and personable. My main issue was with the follow up phone call, during which I was informed that the hiring manager, "didn't really understand why I wanted to work, so he decided to pass." This struck me as an unnecessarily rude and unprofessional manner of relaying the fact that I wouldn't be offered a position, particularly because it's a staffing agency-- they should be able to handle all aspects of the interview process in a courteous manner.

Interview Questions

• How long have you and your boyfriend been together?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you're competitive, and don't use athletics in your answer.   Answer Question