SUNY Buffalo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.2

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Classic phone screening
    2. 1st in person interview with 3 people on panel style
    3. Fill in application for references and other information
    4. 2nd in person interview with a few other people in the department

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The professor did majority of the talking, walked me through the course and my responsibilities. I arrived early so we had a casual conversation in Chinese, which probably helped me land on the offer

Public Site Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Before you get an interview you have to take a test on microsoft proficiency. Which was 200 questions about word, excel and powerpoint. After you pass the test you will be scheduled for a brief interview. My interviewer sat me down and asked me some general questions. Such as what do you think customer representative is? How important do you think punctuality is. You will hear back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Such as what do you think customer representative is?
      How important do you think punctuality is
      Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a conflict
      Answer Question

Service Employee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in January 2016.

Interview

It was a month long process, i was determined to get the job! Once i got the job i immediately started working. All pre employment paperwork was done in one building including work id. So far i love working here

Interview Questions

• was i afraid of rushes n lots of students   1 Answer

Interview

Spoke to professor in department to see if positions were available and if I would be a good fit for his research interests, then sent in application, transcripts, references, GRE scores to Graduate School for review before deadline. Once accepted by graduate school, went through phone interview with professor/advisor to discuss project and my motivations for the position.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working with a multidisciplinary research group?   Answer Question

Graduate Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Interview

The professor ask you about you background, he always prefer someone with high GPA. If you do not have enough background, then he prefer someone with higher GPA. If both no, then he want someone who has working background in any related field. Apart from all, lease you must select his courses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you.
      What courses have you taken, why you want to work for me.
      Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Interview

The interview was a one-on-one experience and fairly easy. Same as any job. It might just be a student position, but make sure to take it seriously and dress professionally to increase your chances.

Enrollment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

No formal interview actually cause it's on the school career website probably and I'm a UB student. I just got there and had a short conversation with the director and I was in. since it's kind of volunteer type unpaid internship and I got pretty good GPA, which is 3.73 out of 4.00. So after the meeting they let me in immediately. Nothing nervous.

Interview Questions

• They just ask some very general question and how familiar I am on using excel, things like that.   Answer Question

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face interview, interview with team manager and team members, interview with CIO. Interview was in conference room were involved 6 people with approximately 10 questions from member. You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. Remember that there may be questions you did not anticipate: when this happens, breathe and take a moment to think through your experiences to find the best answers.
     Questions: Tell me about yourself? Basic Unix/Linux questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic CLI skills questions. Will you be able to work with a large team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Amherst, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

a friend referred me for the position. They set up a face to face interview. I interviewed with my potential supervisor. Easy interview. she wanted to learn about my personality and future goals. I got the offer a week after.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan your day to both work and study   1 Answer