SUNY Buffalo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SUNY Buffalo Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.2

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in February 2015.

Interview

It was dificult.I had a phone interview with a big local accounting firm for a tax internship opportunity. Because this was my first formal interview, I did a lot of homework. I checked through the possible interview questions and prepared answers, while also researching the company’s background.

Senior Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Group interview, then individual with several senior level people.

Interview Questions

• Plans for this role moving forward. What changes I plan on making.   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

they give you all of the regular questions for every interview, they just want to know your personable, a good listener, confident and able to speak to people in a relatable and understanding way.

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Breif phone interview then an in person interview a week and half later. Met with committee of 4 indiviudals from the office . I was also asked to prepare and present 10 minute PowerPoint on networking. After interview and presentation I went to lunch with direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• A key element of this position is developing relationships (whether it is with students, employers, alumni, or faculty). Please give an example of when you have formed a working relationship with a constituent that was difficult to form. Why was it difficult? How did you overcome the difficulty?   Answer Question
    • Motivating students to focus on their career development is an important part of this job and can be particularly challenging. Can you talk about your sense of the obstacles associated with this challenge and how you think you would overcome these obstacles?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job in Sept 2015, after 2 weeks and got phone interview first followed by on-site interview to give a talk. They eventually made the final decision in another 2 weeks.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Classic phone screening
    2. 1st in person interview with 3 people on panel style
    3. Fill in application for references and other information
    4. 2nd in person interview with a few other people in the department

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Helping Students get the right service. Answering Phone and filing some paper work for the office as well as prepare for the meetings. Does the company set up a contingency account for unexpected litigation or expenses? How is the value determined to place in the account?

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face interview, interview with team manager and team members, interview with CIO. Interview was in conference room were involved 6 people with approximately 10 questions from member. You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. Remember that there may be questions you did not anticipate: when this happens, breathe and take a moment to think through your experiences to find the best answers.
     Questions: Tell me about yourself? Basic Unix/Linux questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic CLI skills questions. Will you be able to work with a large team?   Answer Question

Enterprise Infrastructure Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved many question that were ranging from simple math to how good are you with the Windows registry. The interview process was relatively quick I submitted my resume and they got back to me within 3 days.

Interview Questions

Interview

Spoke to professor in department to see if positions were available and if I would be a good fit for his research interests, then sent in application, transcripts, references, GRE scores to Graduate School for review before deadline. Once accepted by graduate school, went through phone interview with professor/advisor to discuss project and my motivations for the position.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working with a multidisciplinary research group?   Answer Question