SUNY Buffalo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.2

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

You have the opportunity to meet with various future colleagues in the department.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is the question that I do not ask the interviewee.   Answer Question

Sever Interview

Interview

easy and fast they hired me onthe spot an i started the next day

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online through the UB recreation and Intramurals website, got a call after a week and asked very basic questions about availabiltiy times

Interview Questions

Interview

Lame backwards upside down management

Interview Questions

• They didn't know the questions let alone the answers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Terrible

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Interview

Being a PhD student and having a CS background, I was approached to teach technically oriented courses from the beginning of my PhD program. I taught these courses as part of my GA duties. However, this changed to a more comprehensive adjunct instructor position after my fourth year in the PhD program. There was no formal hiring process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to set up labs with another professor and that turned out logistically difficult.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Only graduate student admission with fellowship to cover the expense. The program was chemical engineering. Need to select a advisor in the first year. After that, can become a research assistant, focusing on Ph.D thesis.

Negotiation

NA

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

No interview. Just based on CV and transcript. The hiring process is based on your performance in the first semester and then your phd advisor decides based on that. They Usually give you and initial task and if you could do it well, you will be hired.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Interview

Document review that's all there was no interview. It depends on the person whether they need interview or not. No more word to say, because I did not have any interview when I got accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come here?   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview is just a formality since they already tell you if you are accepted into the program or not. Applying to grad school is more about all of your application materials such as personal statement, GPA, GRE scores, transcripts etc. The university was very friendly throughout the entire process since they actually want the good students to choose their school.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in UB for grad school.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes actually. Since I had offers from other schools I was able to use that as leverage to receive a fellowship.

Sound Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Very short and very easy.