SUNY Buffalo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SUNY Buffalo Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2017

2.2

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in September 2016.

Interview

Easy not difficult at all, the professors look out for candidates who are genuinely interested in their area of focus. Get ready to discuss your areas of interest in detail and how you ended up liking the specific area, your projects in the area and what do you wish to do in the future.

Interview Questions

• Questions in your area of expertise, past projects and courses   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job in Sept 2015, after 2 weeks and got phone interview first followed by on-site interview to give a talk. They eventually made the final decision in another 2 weeks.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Classic phone screening
    2. 1st in person interview with 3 people on panel style
    3. Fill in application for references and other information
    4. 2nd in person interview with a few other people in the department

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Helping Students get the right service. Answering Phone and filing some paper work for the office as well as prepare for the meetings. Does the company set up a contingency account for unexpected litigation or expenses? How is the value determined to place in the account?

CIT Pubic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty short , I submitted through career services and received a call back within a week indicating that I had been selected for the position . Went for an interview a week later , it was in a classroom with 3 managers.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The professor did majority of the talking, walked me through the course and my responsibilities. I arrived early so we had a casual conversation in Chinese, which probably helped me land on the offer

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face interview, interview with team manager and team members, interview with CIO. Interview was in conference room were involved 6 people with approximately 10 questions from member. You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. Remember that there may be questions you did not anticipate: when this happens, breathe and take a moment to think through your experiences to find the best answers.
     Questions: Tell me about yourself? Basic Unix/Linux questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic CLI skills questions. Will you be able to work with a large team?   Answer Question

Print Center Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Amherst, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

After passing the competency test in Microsoft Office, you get called in for a very quick 15 minute interview with one or two supervisors. They ask you a few questions regarding whether you'll be able to work at multiple sites on campus, whether you're allowed to work in the US, etc. Then they ask a handful of questions probing your customer service experiences (if any).

Interview Questions

• What do you think you'll like least at this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

There were some general questions asked, my interview seemed quite informal which is not usual for this University. I was asked about availability and my general knowledge about the tasks I would need to perform.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work. Are you available to work in the mornings? Are you familiar with how to set up AV equipment?   Answer Question

Student Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Amherst, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Based off your availability. They will try and get you to take a weekend shift. They will bring you to the back tables and talk to you about how you found the job and if you have any restaurant experience.