SUNY Buffalo Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

2.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo in September 2016.

Interview

Easy not difficult at all, the professors look out for candidates who are genuinely interested in their area of focus. Get ready to discuss your areas of interest in detail and how you ended up liking the specific area, your projects in the area and what do you wish to do in the future.

Interview Questions

• Questions in your area of expertise, past projects and courses   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SUNY Buffalo

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo.

Interview

Document review that's all there was no interview. It depends on the person whether they need interview or not. No more word to say, because I did not have any interview when I got accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come here?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

No interview. Just based on CV and transcript. The hiring process is based on your performance in the first semester and then your phd advisor decides based on that. They Usually give you and initial task and if you could do it well, you will be hired.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Only graduate student admission with fellowship to cover the expense. The program was chemical engineering. Need to select a advisor in the first year. After that, can become a research assistant, focusing on Ph.D thesis.

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

It was basic. I was asked to recite my past experiences. Programming ability/experience was enquired upon. Given my good academic standing, it was a piece of cake to be honest. Ability to learn quickly helps as well as comfort in being exposed to new technologies. Networking/acquaintances with professors helps i.e. a good word of mouth always helps.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken ? What programming experience do you have ? What are some of the projects you have been involved in the past ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Candidate is selected by the employer choice if he is impressed by the skill set of employee

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the interview solely depends on confidence and skills of employee