SUNY Downstate Medical Center Interview Questions in Brooklyn, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Had an hour long interview, standardized questions. Very pleasant, even though my interviewer was a bit late. Staff was very helpful in answering my questions from security to secretaries to students to physicians and nurses. I hope to be accepted and to join this community. I will try to update based on results.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

The interview process went real smooth... The HR recruiter was very polite and patient. she made the atmosphere very comfortable.... I answered all her as is. Two weeks later she called me back in for a second interview and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self? How would you handle a anger customer?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I cold emailed a bunch of professors on the medical school faculty asking if they had any openings for an undergraduate research assistant. Two of the faculty members responded that they were looking for help, and arranged an interview. I ended up meeting with one of them, where I discussed my college career thus far, where I planned on going after college, and what interested me about the work he was doing in his lab. He accepted me on the spot and I began working in the lab three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• 1) What interests you about this specific field of research?
      2) What techniques have you learned from you school research?
      3) Do you plan on pursuing a career in research or getting a phd.   Answer Question

Senior Research Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I received a call from Human Resources 6.5 months ago stating my start date would be the following Monday morning. Later that day I received an e-mail from Human Resources stating "We will not be able to use Monday as an official start date for you. I will notify you when the Research Foundation will be able to appoint you to the payroll." I have been informed that there is a problem regarding the grant for my position. Human Resources suggested that I contact the department. The department suggested I contact Human Resources.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

There were 2 steps to the interview process for this position. The first portion was a phone interview conducted by an associate in the office. The second interview was conducted by 2 associates representing the admissions and student affairs offices. I was also required to complete a transcript review at the end of the second interview. Once offered the position, the hiring process to 3-4 weeks to complete. Be ready for this.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself professionally in the next 10 years?
      Describe an instance when you failed at something. How did you correct your error?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Volunteer work, good GRE scores

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview was unprofessional. People who interviewed didn't know the job.
    Surprisingly I got the offer, but didn't realize who strange the interview was.

I regret I took the offer. I had other offers, but SUNY offered a very good salary, so I excepted.
    I am going to leave soon to a place where I can enjoy my work and career.

Clinical Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

It was very dis-organized. Very difficult to get appointments. When I got the did not know what I was supposed to see. I had to wait for extraordinary amount of time between interview. Don't get me wrong typical of any HHC hospital.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Met with the department chief who interviewed me and gave me a tour of the department where I met the staff.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to attain certifications relevant to the position in the near future?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. An offer was made and I accepted.

Medical Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

One interviewer grill you for about a hour.

Interview Questions

• Why downstate and not another very similar school?   Answer Question
    • It looks like you are into research, if so why come to downstate?   Answer Question