SUNY Downstate Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.6

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I have over 10 years experience honest hardworking reliable and trustworthy. Enjoy working with people. The interview was very brief and effective i was asked to work at least five days per week, i was more than happy.

Interview Questions

• How long will it takes to draw 50 patients   1 Answer
    • Am i a citizen   1 Answer
    • Am i willing to work extra hours   1 Answer

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Had an hour long interview, standardized questions. Very pleasant, even though my interviewer was a bit late. Staff was very helpful in answering my questions from security to secretaries to students to physicians and nurses. I hope to be accepted and to join this community. I will try to update based on results.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

met CIO and fellow workers and show me all the work stations in office. nice office and friendly staff. getting one free lunch with the CIO and CEO. lots of questions about old job, they like my answers, wish working there. but no luck

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

The interview process went real smooth... The HR recruiter was very polite and patient. she made the atmosphere very comfortable.... I answered all her as is. Two weeks later she called me back in for a second interview and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self? How would you handle a anger customer?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I cold emailed a bunch of professors on the medical school faculty asking if they had any openings for an undergraduate research assistant. Two of the faculty members responded that they were looking for help, and arranged an interview. I ended up meeting with one of them, where I discussed my college career thus far, where I planned on going after college, and what interested me about the work he was doing in his lab. He accepted me on the spot and I began working in the lab three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• 1) What interests you about this specific field of research?
      2) What techniques have you learned from you school research?
      3) Do you plan on pursuing a career in research or getting a phd.   Answer Question

Extern Interview

Interview

It was very clinical, full day interview involving seeing patients. Everything was questions, but in a testing way, not in a distrustful way. It was a long day and very exhausting but it was not too difficult to overcome.

Senior Research Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I received a call from Human Resources 6.5 months ago stating my start date would be the following Monday morning. Later that day I received an e-mail from Human Resources stating "We will not be able to use Monday as an official start date for you. I will notify you when the Research Foundation will be able to appoint you to the payroll." I have been informed that there is a problem regarding the grant for my position. Human Resources suggested that I contact the department. The department suggested I contact Human Resources.

Former Employee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center.

Interview

It was very simple and straightforward. I did not actually apply for the position; management knew me outside of work already and the interview was more of a formality. I was a very young person and they asked me basic questions about school and I was informed about my day-to-day responsibilities.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

There were 2 steps to the interview process for this position. The first portion was a phone interview conducted by an associate in the office. The second interview was conducted by 2 associates representing the admissions and student affairs offices. I was also required to complete a transcript review at the end of the second interview. Once offered the position, the hiring process to 3-4 weeks to complete. Be ready for this.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself professionally in the next 10 years?
      Describe an instance when you failed at something. How did you correct your error?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Volunteer work, good GRE scores