SUNY Downstate Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SUNY Downstate Medical Center

2.7

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Met with the department chief who interviewed me and gave me a tour of the department where I met the staff.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to attain certifications relevant to the position in the near future?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. An offer was made and I accepted.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I cold emailed a bunch of professors on the medical school faculty asking if they had any openings for an undergraduate research assistant. Two of the faculty members responded that they were looking for help, and arranged an interview. I ended up meeting with one of them, where I discussed my college career thus far, where I planned on going after college, and what interested me about the work he was doing in his lab. He accepted me on the spot and I began working in the lab three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• 1) What interests you about this specific field of research?
      2) What techniques have you learned from you school research?
      3) Do you plan on pursuing a career in research or getting a phd.   Answer Question

Medical Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

One interview and they look at rest of application as a whole. Interview obviously depends on interviewer and can vary widely. I had chief of surgery as interviewer and he was rough, asked a lot of difficult questions. Interview has huge weight. The rest of the interview day was good. I heard some people had very easy interviews.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked why i took a vacation when I could have worked or did volunteer service. Tough to answer since he was the type of person who was a workaholic.   Answer Question

Medical Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

One interviewer grill you for about a hour.

Interview Questions

• Why downstate and not another very similar school?   Answer Question
    • It looks like you are into research, if so why come to downstate?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

There were 2 steps to the interview process for this position. The first portion was a phone interview conducted by an associate in the office. The second interview was conducted by 2 associates representing the admissions and student affairs offices. I was also required to complete a transcript review at the end of the second interview. Once offered the position, the hiring process to 3-4 weeks to complete. Be ready for this.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself professionally in the next 10 years?
      Describe an instance when you failed at something. How did you correct your error?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

The interview process went real smooth... The HR recruiter was very polite and patient. she made the atmosphere very comfortable.... I answered all her as is. Two weeks later she called me back in for a second interview and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self? How would you handle a anger customer?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Volunteer work, good GRE scores

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

met CIO and fellow workers and show me all the work stations in office. nice office and friendly staff. getting one free lunch with the CIO and CEO. lots of questions about old job, they like my answers, wish working there. but no luck

Former Employee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center.

Interview

It was very simple and straightforward. I did not actually apply for the position; management knew me outside of work already and the interview was more of a formality. I was a very young person and they asked me basic questions about school and I was informed about my day-to-day responsibilities.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview was unprofessional. People who interviewed didn't know the job.
    Surprisingly I got the offer, but didn't realize who strange the interview was.

I regret I took the offer. I had other offers, but SUNY offered a very good salary, so I excepted.
    I am going to leave soon to a place where I can enjoy my work and career.