SUNY Upstate Medical University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

SUNY Upstate Medical University Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Upstate Medical University in September 2017.

Interview

It was very casual, instead of being pounded with questions, it was more of a conversation. It took about 2 to 3 weeks. They called all of my references, and were very open about the processes. Everyone was very friendly so it helped calm my nerves.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why do you want this job?   1 Answer

Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I was given a tour and met the other sonographers. Then I was interviewed and asked to scan a patient. There were no patients available, so I scanned the interviewer herself!

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? What types of patients did you see in your past?   Answer Question

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I went in I met with the interviewer. They asked basic questions on the job. overall it was more like a get to know you better meeting before we hire you.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with out computer system   1 Answer

Staffing Office Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SUNY Upstate Medical University in June 2017.

Interview

Interview took about 45 min, general 2 on 1 type. Easy questions about prior work experience and how would you handle different situations. Was told that there are more candidates to be interviewed, so have to wait a week or two on decision. No offer on the spot, little disappointed.

ER RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Meet with the RN Manage for brief interview. Shadow experience required for 4 hrs to get a feel for the ER. RN manager called references and worked out start date. 10 weeks orientation with 1 yr RN experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the ED?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Upstate Medical University.

Interview

Worked for the institution for over 5 years and the politics, sexism and lack of growth causes the turnover rate to increase. Great benefits but not a place to grow.

Research Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I was led to the PI's office by the current lab tech, and the interview was more of a 2-on-1. The PI asked most of the questions. The interview consisted of many questions regarding interpersonal communications, decision making, work ethic, etc. Beyond an explanation of my own scientific experience, there was no test of my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What are the components that are important for keeping/maintaining good relationships/friendships?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through their online website, it was a very easy and professional . I received an email from the Department assistant regarding the Interview date and time. The Interview was in Upstate University Hospital . All you need is to prepare your CV in a professional way and get ready for their email to get an Interview .. I interviewed in August 2016 .. And still waiting for their reply

Interview Questions

• The Interview was mostly with the PI and the Research Staff It wasn't that easy their questions were mostly focusing on my previous Job qualifications. My Interview took 45 mins to an hour.
      It was good in General, However, I'm still waiting for their reply   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with nurse recruiter, initially. Then full Panel interview with all hiring ICU managers which was organized and efficient and friendly. The nurse recruitment staff was helpful and pleasant also. I enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you moving to Syracuse?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got called by Nursing Recruitment, and interviewed with multiple floors via job fairs and separate interviews. Received offers through Nursing Recruitment, got pressured to accept first offer but did not want to. Nurse Recruiter seemed annoyed but ultimately I got the unit I really wanted, after waiting a few more weeks and completing additional interviews.