SUPERVALU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Stockton, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was friendly and made me felt comfortable even if we were just interviewing over the phone. The recruiter was very informative and answers all my questions honestly, allowing me to have a better visual of how it would be like to work there. The recruiter was upfront about my background and skills after the interview questions; sharing what her concerns were because of my current work population size.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in the position?   1 Answer

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was longer than expected. It took a while to get an answer back regarding next steps. Hiring manager was very friendly and welcoming. Great experience overall. Seems like a great place to work with lot of potential.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

This was the most bizarre process I experienced. There was no contact after the initial phone interview for 12 days. I then received an email, the day before a holiday, being asked if I could travel to the DC a couple days later to meet with the 'interview committee'. I wasn't able to break free that quickly and traveled the following week. The interview committee was comprised solely of the Interim GM.

After the usual small talk, he asked for my presentation. I didn't have one since I wasn't asked to create a presentation. The next several questions were the most off-the-wall things I've been asked. It could have been to simply throw me off-balance. The craziest one is listed below. It's a simple algebra question with wordplay to be misleading.

I knew within the first 15 minutes it wasn't going to be a good match for me.

Interview Questions

• If the cost of a hammer and a nail totals $1.10 and the hammer is $1.00 more than the nail. How much does the nail cost?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisa, VA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Louisa, VA).

Interview

I had a phone interview. I had to email her because I did not hear from her 30 min after our set interview time. She said to be honest that they may not call me because my previous employer wasn't a union.

Interview Questions

• How much do I desire to make   1 Answer

Administrative Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview

I have just had a phone interview and they as simple questions nothing to extensive. I would recommend to have your resume in front of you before they call. They essentially just went over what you put in your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Melrose Park, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Got called for an initial interview with the HR Manager and Plant Manager. It lasted a little over an hour and went really well. They called me back right away for a second interview. I went and interviewed with the two building managers and it took about 45 min. They were pretty dull and read off of a sheet of paper with basic interview questions. I haven't heard anything in a week so I'm guessing I didn't get the job.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen Interview by Recruiter who takes notes then submits to departmental staff (direct report) for review and secondary in person interview. Very courteous and professional. Somewhat generic in scope but a good opportunity to demonstrate overall knowledge of the open position and firm.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Starts with 30 minute Phone Interview, then scheduled face to face interview at their location. Was told I would hear back within 2 weeks, but did not hear back for 3 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Stanton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (New Stanton, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was too long. Contact was made via email and said "congratulations you have been selected to interview at SuperValu" like I had won a prize. Change interview times due to managers having conflicting schedules. The HR manager never showed up for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the one decision I made that turned out badly?   Answer Question

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview

2 interviews with 2 people each time they ask you questions from a predefined list. The questions really have nothing to do with the job they are all situation behavior based questions. Some questions they ask use the wrong terminology so you kind of have to guess what they are asking as some of the people haven't been to college and don't know the correct terms. Overall Easy interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way for a customer.   Answer Question