SUPERVALU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SUPERVALU Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Administrative Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview

I have just had a phone interview and they as simple questions nothing to extensive. I would recommend to have your resume in front of you before they call. They essentially just went over what you put in your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisa, VA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Louisa, VA).

Interview

I had a phone interview. I had to email her because I did not hear from her 30 min after our set interview time. She said to be honest that they may not call me because my previous employer wasn't a union.

Interview Questions

• How much do I desire to make   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Melrose Park, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Got called for an initial interview with the HR Manager and Plant Manager. It lasted a little over an hour and went really well. They called me back right away for a second interview. I went and interviewed with the two building managers and it took about 45 min. They were pretty dull and read off of a sheet of paper with basic interview questions. I haven't heard anything in a week so I'm guessing I didn't get the job.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen Interview by Recruiter who takes notes then submits to departmental staff (direct report) for review and secondary in person interview. Very courteous and professional. Somewhat generic in scope but a good opportunity to demonstrate overall knowledge of the open position and firm.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

After the screening interview. Structured interview process. Working off of the job competencies. Usually done in two person teams and two to three interviews. Because of schedules, the process can take some time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the toughest interaction that you have had with a customer. What was the issue, how did you approach it, what was the resolution.   Answer Question

Department Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Started off with a phone screening where they ask you about your resume, a few questions about salary expectations, why you are looking, and what you are looking for in a company. In the actual face to face interview, they tell you about the position, ask you the basic interview questions, and ask about your prior experience and knowledge as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you encountered a problem and what did you do to resolve this problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Stanton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (New Stanton, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was too long. Contact was made via email and said "congratulations you have been selected to interview at SuperValu" like I had won a prize. Change interview times due to managers having conflicting schedules. The HR manager never showed up for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the one decision I made that turned out badly?   Answer Question

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview

2 interviews with 2 people each time they ask you questions from a predefined list. The questions really have nothing to do with the job they are all situation behavior based questions. Some questions they ask use the wrong terminology so you kind of have to guess what they are asking as some of the people haven't been to college and don't know the correct terms. Overall Easy interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way for a customer.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in June 2016.

Interview

This was a new position for the company. This was a standard interview, A Recruiter contacts you for initial screening. Additional interviews are on the phone and then in Minnesota. There was a lot of time for questions and conversation. They also wanted to discuss salary requirements, location, and travel and

Interview Questions

• All the interview questions were situational, and required detailed well thought out answers. When was a time that you had to prioritize conflicting job duties.   1 Answer

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Hopkins, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

A group interview. About twenty candidates in the room, we watched a short video describing the job and then were taken individually for an interview. The interview was one on one, and I thought I did ok. Was told I'd hear from them the next week, and was disappointed to get an email that they weren't interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Why Supervalue? Which shift would you prefer? Why do you want this job?   Answer Question