SUPERVALU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

After the screening interview. Structured interview process. Working off of the job competencies. Usually done in two person teams and two to three interviews. Because of schedules, the process can take some time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the toughest interaction that you have had with a customer. What was the issue, how did you approach it, what was the resolution.   Answer Question

Category Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

Behavorial interview questions- using tell me about a time when... 5 or 6 questions like this. 2 sets of interviews with 2 people at each interview for 1 hr each, 2 hrs total

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most complicated project you worked on   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through website, got an email from an HR to set up a phone interview, phone interview went smoothly mostly questions about your resume, past work experience, simple questions. Received an email the next day that I had passed the phone interview and was to receive an email shortly from a recruiter. I got an email from the recruiter asking about what time would work best for an interview responded. I received an email with a time conformation and the names of the people I was going to meet with also received attachments with job requirements, description, and behavioral question guide to study. The interview was with three people, I met with a Sr. Analyst for about 20-30 Mins asked mostly behavioral questions and then met with two finance directions for 30-40 mins, they asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?
      Tell me about a time that you worked in a project and how did it go?
      Tell me about a time that things changed on you unexpectedly and what did you do?
      Why Supervalu?
      Answer Question

Lead Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Mechanicsville, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

There is a definite favoritism shown within the interview process - it is almost as if they have chosen the replacement associate prior to the interviews beginning. There are multiple interview involved in the process and one of mine actually had four members interviewing at the same time.

Interview Questions

• All interviews are Situation/Behavior/Outcome   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in March 2015.

Interview

It was a great time, you had to go through a lot of people, seissons and stages to be able to get in though and its quite technical, You would have a group of people you would meet, greet, talk and do stuffs together on the interview day too, the HR looks and talks very nice also..

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in September 2015.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me to set up an interview after I had applied online. I was asked to provide three seperate times and two seperate days I would be available to perform the interview. I provided the required information back to the recruiter. The recruiter then scheduled and confirmed the date and time the interview would take place. However, on the day of the interview, the recruiter never called at the scheduled time. After 30 minutes, I emailed the recruiter to see if the interview needed to be rescheduled or if the position had been filled. It has been three days since that correspondence and I have yet to receive a response back from the recruiter. Not only is this very unprofessional but is a huge red flag as to how this company operates. Due to this experience, I will never recommend this company to anyone seeking an employment position or considering becoming a consumer. If they treat their employment canidates this way just image how they treat their employees and customers.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter never called to conduct the interview.   1 Answer

IB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Hopkins, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Situational behavior interviewing, explain an example of a time "blank" happened. Interviewed with Senior Merchandisers mostly. Did two rounds of group interview, 4 people and then 4 people. Started out pretty formal and then by end we got more casual and relaxed conversation. Rescheduling is almost impossible as getting about 8 or so busy employees schedules together is difficult. Try to not have to change date/time.

Interview Questions

• Situation at work that you worked with someone difficult to get along with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I did choose this position over another company.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in April 2011.

Interview

First and second round phone interviews. In-person interviews included case analysis and presentation. Interview questions were challenging and designed to understand how you think and deal with ambiguity. The interview took place in 2009 and may not be relevant today.

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview

They use an SBO (Situation, Behavior, Outcome) style interview. They will give you a list of competencies that are appropriate for the level of job you are seeking. (Make Sound Decisions, Act Strategically, Think Creatively, Manage Execution, Meet Customer Needs, etc). Then you need to give an example that fits the question they ask about that competency.

Example: Meet Customer Needs - Tell me about a time that you had to deal with an unhappy customer.

Then you need to tell them what the situation was - what made the customer unhappy.

What was your behavior or in other words what did you do to calm the customer and correct the situation.

Last what was the outcome - was the customer happy, etc.

Negotiation

I did try but there was no negotiations. The offer was the offer.

SSG ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Informational interview, submit resume and cover-letter, receive request to interview, interviewed with manager and lead, open-office business casual, waited for a response, offer phone call followed up with offer letter, negotiate more PTO

Interview Questions

• What do you and others perceive your weakness to be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation