SUPERVALU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SUPERVALU Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.8

Global Sourcing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and then I had a brief phone screen before I was invited in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager and the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly behavioral questions but also some questions very focused on how to identify new sources overseas without the use of trading companies. He also focused a lot on the total spend that I managed and how much my department managed as a whole which I was unable to answer partially because of confidentiality concerns.   Answer Question

Interview

Brief phone screen then on site with hiring manager

Director Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in February 2013.

Interview

SUPERVALU uses SBO format for most interviews. Situation, Behavior and Outcome. Come prepared with some good examples that demonstrate what YOU did in a challenging situation, what you thought, how you handled difficult people, etc.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are all situation/behavior based. Probably the most difficult ones are when you are expecting to tell about something good that you've accomplished, and instead, they ask to tell you about something that you didn't do so well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary and overall compensation package.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2009.

Interview

Communication initiated by company through email. A phone interview was arranged over the course of 4-5 emails. There was significant confusion. Before phone interview, in-person interview was arranged at career fair. Phone interview consisted of a few housekeeping questions circulating around ability to work in US and the job being interviewed for. Phone interview was abrupt and somewhat awkward. In-person interview with brand manager was mostly behavioral questions and was extremely pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Various behaviorial interviews

Interview Questions

• How many requisitions have you managed effectively at one time?   1 Answer

Money

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process was based more on personality mesh versus an attempt to determine competency.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2010.

Interview

Submitted application to HR. Received a phone call for an interview with HR. Next step was a group interview within the department. Smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What has been your most difficult working relationship.   Answer Question

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Denver, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

They give a group interview. You go into a room with about twenty one people with one interviewer. They will ask you to write out answers to questions while they are judging your abilities. They will then select a few people to take a tour. If you are not selected, you will not get the job. You take a quick tour where they are still judging you. Afterward if they do not ask you to stay, you did not get the job.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the VP of merchandising and director of HR. The entire interview took just 1 hour. i was expecting more of a challenging experience based on past interviews for jobs at this level. There was somewhat vague insight about the work I would be doing despite my inquiry.

Interview Questions

• There were behavior questions on the basic format - tell me about a time you had a difficult customer, how did you respond to team challenges, etc.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountmellick (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Mountmellick (Ireland)) in June 2015.

Interview

My interview was quite fun actually. It was really fun and I had a great laugh with two managers that were interviewing me. Instead of your typical questions about what you can offer the company I was told what they could offer me. I told them I have two children and they outlined that they would try their best to accommodate my family life, which they have most certainly stuck to.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a deli before?   1 Answer