SUPERVALU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.8

Department Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Started off with a phone screening where they ask you about your resume, a few questions about salary expectations, why you are looking, and what you are looking for in a company. In the actual face to face interview, they tell you about the position, ask you the basic interview questions, and ask about your prior experience and knowledge as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you encountered a problem and what did you do to resolve this problem?   Answer Question

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Stanton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (New Stanton, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was too long. Contact was made via email and said "congratulations you have been selected to interview at SuperValu" like I had won a prize. Change interview times due to managers having conflicting schedules. The HR manager never showed up for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the one decision I made that turned out badly?   Answer Question

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview

2 interviews with 2 people each time they ask you questions from a predefined list. The questions really have nothing to do with the job they are all situation behavior based questions. Some questions they ask use the wrong terminology so you kind of have to guess what they are asking as some of the people haven't been to college and don't know the correct terms. Overall Easy interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way for a customer.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in June 2016.

Interview

This was a new position for the company. This was a standard interview, A Recruiter contacts you for initial screening. Additional interviews are on the phone and then in Minnesota. There was a lot of time for questions and conversation. They also wanted to discuss salary requirements, location, and travel and

Interview Questions

• All the interview questions were situational, and required detailed well thought out answers. When was a time that you had to prioritize conflicting job duties.   1 Answer

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Hopkins, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

A group interview. About twenty candidates in the room, we watched a short video describing the job and then were taken individually for an interview. The interview was one on one, and I thought I did ok. Was told I'd hear from them the next week, and was disappointed to get an email that they weren't interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Why Supervalue? Which shift would you prefer? Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Senior Manager of Technical Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process went very well, I was greeted by the hiring manager and all the information presented was accurate. I was very impressed with the people who were chosen to interview me and was was had hoped to work for the hiring manager, he was a great guy!

Interview Questions

• What would your former boss say about you?
      What can we tell you about SuperValu?
      What has been your greatest achievement in your career?   Answer Question

Taleo Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and also reached out to the recruiter via LinkedIn. This led to a phone screen, where I was told I was underqualified, but also an in-person panel interview at corporate headquarters in Eden Prairie.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have working with Taleo Enterprise?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then a fade to face with the DM. Company is big on customer service and enthusiasm in providing clinical services like immunizations, MTMs, etc. if you're a new graduate, do NOT say you are thinking about doing a residency or they won't look at you. Will usually only takes those with retail experience.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Hopkins, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Completed a phone interview with the recruiter. Very quick turnaround to be invited for an onsite interview. I was emailed an hour after my 1st interview to come back for a 2nd.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a difficult position you were in with a coworker   Answer Question

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy, everything was taken care of ahead of time. Phone interview was no more than 30 minutes and clear and crisp. Effort was taken to portray the benefits for working for Supervalu. Onsite interview was an hour long and thorough, but it was more of a long meeting to understand fit.