SUPERVALU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.8

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a very smooth process. Quick phone interview and then a personal interview with the hiring manager. Received a decision in a week. Good place to work. hiring manager likes to go in details during the interview.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in September 2015.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me to set up an interview after I had applied online. I was asked to provide three seperate times and two seperate days I would be available to perform the interview. I provided the required information back to the recruiter. The recruiter then scheduled and confirmed the date and time the interview would take place. However, on the day of the interview, the recruiter never called at the scheduled time. After 30 minutes, I emailed the recruiter to see if the interview needed to be rescheduled or if the position had been filled. It has been three days since that correspondence and I have yet to receive a response back from the recruiter. Not only is this very unprofessional but is a huge red flag as to how this company operates. Due to this experience, I will never recommend this company to anyone seeking an employment position or considering becoming a consumer. If they treat their employment canidates this way just image how they treat their employees and customers.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter never called to conduct the interview.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week. Set up a phone screen. Went over Resume. Classes taken in college. Brief run down about company & role. Did not pass the phone screen got another email from the recruiter stating they are moving on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Relatable classes taken in college, gpa, work history. software skills. desired pay.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in March 2015.

Interview

It was a great time, you had to go through a lot of people, seissons and stages to be able to get in though and its quite technical, You would have a group of people you would meet, greet, talk and do stuffs together on the interview day too, the HR looks and talks very nice also..

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SUPERVALU.

Interview

They use an SBO (Situation, Behavior, Outcome) style interview. They will give you a list of competencies that are appropriate for the level of job you are seeking. (Make Sound Decisions, Act Strategically, Think Creatively, Manage Execution, Meet Customer Needs, etc). Then you need to give an example that fits the question they ask about that competency.

Example: Meet Customer Needs - Tell me about a time that you had to deal with an unhappy customer.

Then you need to tell them what the situation was - what made the customer unhappy.

What was your behavior or in other words what did you do to calm the customer and correct the situation.

Last what was the outcome - was the customer happy, etc.

Negotiation

I did try but there was no negotiations. The offer was the offer.

IB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Hopkins, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Situational behavior interviewing, explain an example of a time "blank" happened. Interviewed with Senior Merchandisers mostly. Did two rounds of group interview, 4 people and then 4 people. Started out pretty formal and then by end we got more casual and relaxed conversation. Rescheduling is almost impossible as getting about 8 or so busy employees schedules together is difficult. Try to not have to change date/time.

Interview Questions

• Situation at work that you worked with someone difficult to get along with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I did choose this position over another company.

Produce Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I was told that not only would I not be able to work in produce, I also would not be eligible for a position as clerk unless I changed my availability to every day, 6 AM to 2 AM. Even though I have several medications, sleep problems, and I knew that I would not be able to keep up a schedule like that, I was forced into it by the store manager.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking about the types of things that I had done before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Reading, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Everything was very Normal. They asked normal questions and expected normal answers. It was Not very difficult to go through. Just be yourself and be honest and you will do fine.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Very quick process after being recruited. Phone interview with recruiter, then set up a interview with 2 separate people at SUPERVALU corporate office. Each interview took about 1 hour, and were very comfortable. Not hard questions, just personal and like a normal conversation.

Interview Questions

• Talk about past experience that can translate to helping this company move forward   Answer Question

Lead Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Mechanicsville, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

There is a definite favoritism shown within the interview process - it is almost as if they have chosen the replacement associate prior to the interviews beginning. There are multiple interview involved in the process and one of mine actually had four members interviewing at the same time.

Interview Questions

• All interviews are Situation/Behavior/Outcome   1 Answer