SUPERVALU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.8

IB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Hopkins, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Situational behavior interviewing, explain an example of a time "blank" happened. Interviewed with Senior Merchandisers mostly. Did two rounds of group interview, 4 people and then 4 people. Started out pretty formal and then by end we got more casual and relaxed conversation. Rescheduling is almost impossible as getting about 8 or so busy employees schedules together is difficult. Try to not have to change date/time.

Interview Questions

• Situation at work that you worked with someone difficult to get along with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I did choose this position over another company.

Produce Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I was told that not only would I not be able to work in produce, I also would not be eligible for a position as clerk unless I changed my availability to every day, 6 AM to 2 AM. Even though I have several medications, sleep problems, and I knew that I would not be able to keep up a schedule like that, I was forced into it by the store manager.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking about the types of things that I had done before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Reading, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Everything was very Normal. They asked normal questions and expected normal answers. It was Not very difficult to go through. Just be yourself and be honest and you will do fine.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Eden Prairie, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Very quick process after being recruited. Phone interview with recruiter, then set up a interview with 2 separate people at SUPERVALU corporate office. Each interview took about 1 hour, and were very comfortable. Not hard questions, just personal and like a normal conversation.

Interview Questions

• Talk about past experience that can translate to helping this company move forward   Answer Question

Lead Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Mechanicsville, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

There is a definite favoritism shown within the interview process - it is almost as if they have chosen the replacement associate prior to the interviews beginning. There are multiple interview involved in the process and one of mine actually had four members interviewing at the same time.

Interview Questions

• All interviews are Situation/Behavior/Outcome   1 Answer

Buyer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then had a quick phone interview with a low-level HR rep. She then set up an interview with a couple other buyers. They asked 4 behavioral based questions and then that was it. They had me come back for another round, this time with 4 people. I'm guessing SuperValu requires them to attend the interview because they just read the questions off a sheet of paper and it is clear that they have no interest in being there.

All in all, they seemed like a decent company to work for. I had a few other offers on the table so it was my fault for not preparing properly. The people I interviewed with just didn't seem too excited about their jobs and the job itself didn't seem too challenging.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about a time you had given someone bad information.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online then few weeks later had a phone call and was interviewed. Then had an in store interview. A week later received another call about the drug test info, being emailed to me. Had the info emailed to me, took the drug test and waited for another email for training.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had a disagreement with someone and how did you compromise on it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SUPERVALU in April 2014.

Interview

Got through the entire interview before they offered me a different position than what I applied for. I reluctantly accepted and did a mouth swab, then they told me they'd call me to let me know when they wanted me to work. Never called me and I missed my first day.

Interview Questions

Interview

Brief phone screen then on site with hiring manager

IT Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SUPERVALU (Boise, ID) in September 2013.

Interview

Straightforward, not too many questions. Mostly based off your resume. They require references that they will contact, a show of experience, and sometimes have you do a computer or paper test to show your computer competency.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your work experience and how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question