SWCA Project Archaeologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SWCA Project Archaeologist Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at SWCA (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

Was mainly based off an informal meeting looking for a general informational. After getting lunch with the senior archaeologist, was able to secure work for upcoming projects based on the previous meeting.

Interview Questions

• Thoughts on the field of archaeology as practiced in the PNW?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SWCA.

Interview

Interview was standard corporate fair. Took weeks aand weeks to get a decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. In fact, I ended up getting paid much less than they told me in the interview. I was under the impression I would be salaried, but they made me hourly and in the first year I made 7,000 less than what we discussed in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SWCA (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

very in depth phone screen, very quick in person with not real good in depth questions.

Not enough cash

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SWCA (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2009.

Interview

SWCA Recruiter called me and got my attention. I have no idea where he got my name and number but he knew all about my work experience. Scheduled phone screen which got me excited. Company sounded great and seemed like a great opportunity. Then interviewed with a bunch of peers and supervisor. Recruiter followed up with me several times to see where I was in the my search.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult experience with a peer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter made me an offer and sold me on it. I think I could have gotten more.