SYKES At Home Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SYKES At Home Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at SYKES

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

It went well...the questions were easy...some of the other attendees had difficulty navigating the interview process...asked two questions...the hosts were helpful...the interview was long due to multiple applicants asking questions and the hosts reviewing the answers to the questions asked...

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult client?...   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was long...overall it was average...not too long..be prepared to provide through documentation in your response to the questions asked....the questions asked were provided prior to the interview which gave me time to look up answers....

Other Interview Reviews for SYKES

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Charleston, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was over an hour. Right after i submitted the application interview was the same day. Be prepare for question and typing test Also have a headset. Must meet minimum requirement they do train and you cant miss any training

Interview Questions

• Do you have landline Internet speed of 10mbs download 5 mbs upload Windows 8.1 + no wireless internet   3 Answers

Negotiation

If you didnt meet minimum requirement they let you go

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYKES in October 2015.

Interview

Entire interview conducted online via an Adobe room with approximately thirty applicants all together. Initial stage of the interview involves the recruiter giving a brief overview of the responsibilities and requirements of the particular project, details of the training days, shifts etc. At each stage there is a poll where you can opt out of the interview process to be replaced into the general job pool if something about the particular job is not right for you. This stage is either conducted solely via the adobe classroom or via a combination of conference call and adobe classroom. Second stage of the interview varies between projects, either involving a call back to each interviewee individually, or each interviewee in the adobe room being asked a question related to the roll in front of all the other interviewees. At the end of the process in some interviews you hear immediately if you have been selected, for others you may have to wait 24-48 hours to be contacted.

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty low key, the had almost 30 of us on the line to begin with. Then slowly eliminated us one by one. Repeating regular requirements that were in the job description. Like " This is a full time job, working 40 hours a week, if you can not handle that please disconnect & re apply to the hiring pool." Not all jobs have the same requirements, so you have to check everyone if possible.

Interview Questions

• If a customer has called and is disgruntled, how would you handle it to make the customer happy?   Answer Question
    • How would you build a relationship with a customer?   Answer Question

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES in September 2015.

Interview

I have an interview with them tomorrow. The first steps of the interview have been to fill out personal information, former employment, take an assessment test, read a paragraph over the phone to test your speaking ability, and screen shots of your computer system.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Spokane, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Online series of questions and skills tests, with a reading over the phone of a prepared text. I waited two weeks to be notified by email that there was a position open for me to interview for. The job is part time, with flexible hours for training and work. Online interview, over adobe connect, had some preparation of screen shots of my computer's and internet capability. I was also asked to prepare in my own words what Project Blue Sky is. I was directed to do a google search for information. The interview is part of a group and I spent the time not personally answering questions on mute listening.

Interview Questions

• What is Project Blue Sky. Do a google search to find information.   1 Answer

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Expect the following: Phone interview, computer check (you cannot have 8.1), background check (if you have a misdemeanor you can work some jobs) Signing paperwork online via PDF files, easy process .

Interview Questions

• They are going to ask you a question like, "if you ever handled an irate customer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?"   1 Answer

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at SYKES in December 2014.

Interview

The online assessments are rather long and appear to be irrelevant for what is offered. You are not able to correct spelling while typing within a word during a typing test. I have taken many of which are more compatible that this one. You listen to several voices reading text and state if you would "love to talk to them", dislike to talk to them or would not mind. Not sure what the relevance is for this. Some people are obviously more professional sounding than others, but why ask if you would love or dislike talking to them?
    I turned down one position displayed and accepted the next on the screen. But the interview was scheduled at a bad time so I was not able to attend.
    The biggest turn off I experienced was being advised the positions paid minimum wage for training which lasted weeks. One position lasted a month. Pay rates are posted but state they may vary upon the area they are given?
    I was looking for work for them as a part time supplemental income opportunity, but Sykes appears to very inflexible and disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical day if you were living where you have been orbiting Saturn for 5 years. Seriously?
      And how would the world be the same and different if everyone could fly.
      Fill in the blank sentences which several words given and you have to assign the correct number to correspond to the blank where the word belongs. Sounds easy but some questions were rather lengthy and tedious.
      Look at a series of lego type structures and select if they are the same or different. They are displayed at various angles so it is hard to make a decision at times.   Answer Question

Did not attend interview.

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Bradenton Beach, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Voice Audition over the phone via automated phone call. Just read the paragraph in your most professional voice.

Background check, Drug Screening (some programs), proof of home office space, submit all required paper work and documents.

Complete a detailed skills assessment. Takes about two hours so have the time set aside!

Interview Questions

• No questions, usually this is a short call from the HR department asking about your internet and phone service and ability to commit scheduling.   1 Answer

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYKES in August 2014.

Interview

Easy. Submit application select a time for a group interview in an Adobe room and over the phone. Describe the job and what is expected and then ask people if they would agree to it. If not drop off the line and continue on.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle speaking with a 14 year old and their slang?   1 Answer