SYKES Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SYKES Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got a email the next day to set up a interview over the phone and computer. You have the option of going in but I chose over the phone. You are placed in a group interview where you are given 12 questions to answer. They give you 50 minutes. They will ask you to read one of the questions and your answer so their able to hear your voice. They will cut whoever didn't do well. If you do good you move on to the next step. The online assessment which takes a hour. Once completed it will send your recruiter the results and if you did well you get a face to face interview. At the end of your 2nd interview they will let you know if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sykes?   2 Answers
  • A angry customer called you complaining their child made a $300 purchase on their credit card. How would you handle this situation?   5 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was fine with what they offered.

Other Interview Reviews for SYKES

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

They sent me an email giving me instructions to send them screen shots with information about my computer speed, what type of computer I was using as well as a typing test. I complied. I was then given an interview day and time along with a dial in number for the interview. After sending all of my personal computer information and attempted to dial in I was not able to. I sent an email with no response along with trying to call - I left a messg but no one called me back. I hope this is not a scam. They had me send my system info along with my info on application. Very unprofessional that no one bothered responding to me as to why I was granted an interview that never took place.

Interview Questions

• I was scheduled for a phone interview that never happened.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SYKES in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty brief, very descriptive of the position. They gave multiple opportunities to make sure the position was a right fit for you before wasting your time...matched me with my position very quickly.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

As a go up they broke us up individually and explains position. Then from the we went with managers and they did and interview with us. We went back into a room and the offered us the job right then and there

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Email after application, inviting me to a hiring event.
    At the event, they put a dozen applicants in a room with an Account Manager who answered our questions. When our number came up, a Team Leader took us individually into an office.

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Eugene, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job for 3 days and got the email to set up an interview. The interview was very easy (typical interview question) and was very short (10-15 mins).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What skills qualifies you to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was on Google Hangouts, they messaged me for about an hour about the process and what the job will consist of, my duties, pay, all the benefits I will receive with the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. iI was fairly simple and the interviewer was patient and walked you through the steps.
    There were 3 questions and you are asked to read out one of the anwers.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a difficult customer or situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a conference call about 26 people and we were all on mute for the most part just listening to the manager lecture. About 30 min into the call the manager was stating how this is a part-time position and I applied for a full-time position. The job pays $9 and hour, but the training was going to be really intense b/c they are set for MST hours and I'm on EST. Huge time difference but ended up letting the manager know I wanted full-time and so did other people and by the time I got off it was about 9 people left chatting with the manager. I guess we all felt like this is not worth our time. Not to mention the 2 headsets you have to buy amongst other things. Everything she talks about is on a slide show while questions pops up for you to answer.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to comment to such and such hours I can't remember the exact hours? Is $9 ok? Theirs a point where she talks about the necessary equipment that needs to be used. Are you willing to take a background check.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

This was one of the most unprofessional interviews I went to. It was a group interview and they couldn't find any chairs. They didn't really ask us any questions. When we were done with the "interview" they brought us to a room one by one and had this lady just being hella rude and pushy with filling our stuff out online. You need to know the last 7 years of addresses, all your employment information. They "need it" for your background check. When you get finished with that they'll take you to another room where you put a handhold cotton saliva drug test.

Interview Questions

I went to orientation, it was 8 hours. Super unorganized it's on a production floor, they yell at you to be quite because reps were taking live calls. They packed us on this tables that were so close. People were fighting with each other, and the people doing orientation didn't know how to handle the room. Their were presentations on a 60' flat screen that was ground level so you couldn't hear anything or see anything. They put about 75 people in this little area and their volume was computer speakers with a microphone placed in front, (it didn't help) it was too much and I along with many others left about 5hours into it.