SYKES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.1

Interview

Applied online. Got a email the next day to set up a interview over the phone and computer. You have the option of going in but I chose over the phone. You are placed in a group interview where you are given 12 questions to answer. They give you 50 minutes. They will ask you to read one of the questions and your answer so their able to hear your voice. They will cut whoever didn't do well. If you do good you move on to the next step. The online assessment which takes a hour. Once completed it will send your recruiter the results and if you did well you get a face to face interview. At the end of your 2nd interview they will let you know if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sykes?   2 Answers
    • A angry customer called you complaining their child made a $300 purchase on their credit card. How would you handle this situation?   5 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was fine with what they offered.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

They sent me an email giving me instructions to send them screen shots with information about my computer speed, what type of computer I was using as well as a typing test. I complied. I was then given an interview day and time along with a dial in number for the interview. After sending all of my personal computer information and attempted to dial in I was not able to. I sent an email with no response along with trying to call - I left a messg but no one called me back. I hope this is not a scam. They had me send my system info along with my info on application. Very unprofessional that no one bothered responding to me as to why I was granted an interview that never took place.

Interview Questions

• I was scheduled for a phone interview that never happened.   1 Answer

Remote Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

This was a virtual interview. They explained the job requirements and asked if we were able to meet those requirements. This took about a half hour. They then gave us a list of questions to answer within a notepad. After we answered the questions they had us read one out loud. The entire process took about an hour. They let us know that we were hired right then.

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

It went well...the questions were easy...some of the other attendees had difficulty navigating the interview process...asked two questions...the hosts were helpful...the interview was long due to multiple applicants asking questions and the hosts reviewing the answers to the questions asked...

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult client?...   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was long...overall it was average...not too long..be prepared to provide through documentation in your response to the questions asked....the questions asked were provided prior to the interview which gave me time to look up answers....

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SYKES in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty brief, very descriptive of the position. They gave multiple opportunities to make sure the position was a right fit for you before wasting your time...matched me with my position very quickly.

Work At Home Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Little Falls, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on line then went through a bunch of questions a timed typing test a test with a bunch of blocks that were 3d very strange . After that you got to choose interview time you interviewed with 30 different people

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Group interview took about two hours to complete. A lot of requirements to submit documentation once the job was offered. They weren't in any hurry to offer a job, but once the job was offered, they were very impatient with me to get everything they needed to finish the process

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

One application and then you will be offered various positions based on that initial application. I have "interviewed" a few times and every time the schedule has been different than advertised. The actual "interview" is just a conference call with 20 to 30 other people in which you are not allowed to explain any of your responses. You are allowed to give yes/no answers via polls from the "interviewers," if you can call them that. If you come to a question in which you disagree, you are asked to leave the online platform and the conference call. You do not have the opportunity to say, "Hey, this was supposed to be full time..." or "Why is this schedule night shift when the advertised shift was for days?"

Interview Questions

• Can you commit 100% to the schedule on your screen?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a consultant for the company. I asked for her contact information (she wasn't the one that scheduled the phone screen) and she said she'd email me. I never did receive anything back from her. A few days later I went online to check the status of my application and found I couldn't log in. I clicked the forgot my password link and the message says there is not account associated with that email address. Interestingly enough before and during the phone screen I was able to log into my applicant account so I know I had created one, not to mention that in the days between applying and the phone screen I received several emails from their talent department and suddenly they stopped. The phone screen itself was fine (typical questions) but the shady business of deleting my account has me telling people to run far away!

Interview Questions

• Typical phone screen questions...nothing special to add.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Constantly highering. Applied online, received an email to invite me to an open interview day. 40+ people showed up, group interviews of 5 or 6. As long as you dressed acceptably and passed an oral drug test and eligibility test, they'll hire you.