SYKES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SYKES Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2018

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SYKES (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview was very easy, everything was virtual and done through emails, they asked to read 1 question even though you answered 3, there was also a assessment before the initial interview starts which was a piece of cake depending on your program, then they make you call a number and listen/respond over group call, overall interview was easy if your not a shy person or don't mind speaking over the phone most of the day.

Interview Questions

• Give a example about a time when you had a upset customer call , what did do you do to turn it around?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Lakeland, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was easy I went ahead and did a typing test after wards I waited 10-15 mins to talk to a recruiter about job history etc and scheduling she told me to wait 24/48 hours for a email I got the email to schedule a 2nd interview with a team lead which would be on 05/14/18

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Costumer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I went to Sykes company through one of the consultant. First round will be the jam round. They will be around 10-15members in a room firstly they will take our resume and call our names. If fresher they will give one topic and we need to speak very confidently . If experienced candidate they will ask to speak about previous job experience. They will select 5-6members in first round and in second round is the typing round they will give a paragraph we need to type the paragraph in 2min the typing speed should be max 30 if it is less than 30 they will reject. Third round is telephonic round they will be asking some questions and fourth round is face to face interview and fifth round is written test in this they will give some options we need to select them. And the last round is Hr round.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Easy, met management and not clear on what kind of calls will be taken. Seems to not be aligned with the company and it did not seem organized. Group panel was easy but felt forced and uncomfortable

Walmart Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Remote, OR) in April 2018.

Interview

There was 88 people in the adobe room appying for the job. You have 10 mins to answer 3 questions. The recruiter ask you one of 3 questions. Depening on how you answer the question you get the job. The process took 2 hours which 37 people did not get hired. It seems to be the same women everytime doing the interview. She tells you to stay in the adobe room after the interview. Two mins later. Something pops up on the screen saying if you are hired or not, if you are not hired it will only tell ypu to exit out of adobe. The women will not come back. Why waste so many people time knowing you are not going to hire them. People could be using that time you wasted looking for a job. Stop wasting so may people time when ypu know it's only so many people you can hire for the job. Some of those people have children thay need to provide for. The whole interview process is a joke, if you see a job they are hiring for you can't apply for it. When you log into the recruiting website. It only says thank ypu for applying there's nothing more to be done. You have to wait until. You get an email from kimberly merrit about an interview. Which can take weeks to get one. The survays are a joke they say to pitch your survays to the customers, so they can rate you. But they also put the product in the survay to. If the customer is not happy with the product. They give it a bad rating which reflects bad on your NPS score. For a 9 or 10 score they as the customer if they were happy with the product an will recommend to other other people. If the customer puts 0 it gives you a bad rating even if they were happy with you but not the product.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Huntsville, AL) in March 2018.

Interview

Very simple electronic interview nothing face to face. Conference call with other applicants. Hiring process was very simple and quick. Really simple questions there was a panel of applicants on a conference call. Web cam required.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a particular situation with a customer and what brought you to Sykes.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Email is the only communication for the Call Center here. The company held open interviews that were announced via email, and if interested, applicants chose their interview time slot online as well.
    Interviewer& staff are very friendly.
    Job Offers are made via email after 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Think of your favorite product, and tell me why you recommend it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Montgomery, AL) in March 2018.

Interview

Quick response interview set up, but slow process in hiring. The interview atmosphere was very nice, but unorganized. Your interview is scheduled through text, then you come to the center to interview in person, one on one.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

You apply online and do an assessment. Afterwards if chosen you are given a choice on call center projects to work on. You do a group interview then you start "class." Really easy job to get.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was more fun than I had anticipated. It is in a group webcam chat. We were given 15 minutes to take a written test on our Windows familiarity. Then, we went round robin answering a question - we were given time to write out our answers before our turn to answer verbally.

Interview Questions

• First, there was a test of familiarity with the Windows operating system. Things like how do you clear the Internet Explorer cache.   Answer Question
    • Paraphrased because I can't remember the exact wording: "How do you handle an irate customer?"   Answer Question