SYKES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Allentown, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

A brief yet lively phone screening with a corporate recruiter, then a skype interview with a manager, which went well, then an on-site interview with the head of the site I'd have worked at. The site manager did speak to me for a few moments about how she'd wanted to get the site more involved in volunteering in the community when I asked about goals but spent the bulk of the interview trying to convince me that I did not want the job. I asked a lot of questions like "would I have the opportunity to help out with such and such...." and the answers were all "no". The first two people I'd spoken to said they needed someone for an immediate start, but the third person told me "someone will call you in a few weeks" when I left. I never heard any more.

Interview Questions

• 1- Don't you think your degree makes you overqualified for this position?   1 Answer
    • 2- Why didn't you ever use either of your degrees?   1 Answer
    • 3- I don't want you working here if you hate it here...   1 Answer
    • 4- The staff here are going to be very different from who you've worked with.... they're ~millennials~ who think they deserve a personal thank you just for coming to work.   1 Answer

Customer Service From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Goshen, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (West Goshen, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through NTI Central especially offering jobs for disabled.
    There was an assessment to pass, extremely difficult, with unmanageable timing and everything done on purpose impossible to be passed.
    The salary was advertised $11 per hour and we were told at the end that it will be $9. After passing successfully all tests, assessments, senseless questions just to work as customer service for $9, who interviewed us based on one, again, ridiculous question, rejected me. I met all their requirements and I was ready to work crazy hours and days, just to be hired. Keeping in mind that they should’ve known that some people are disabled, the negative answer was given in a rude, unprofessional manner, unacceptable for any company. This is a clear discrimination of disabled people and it is a shame of what they are doing. I sent a long complaint to the company, but nobody cared to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a conference call about 26 people and we were all on mute for the most part just listening to the manager lecture. About 30 min into the call the manager was stating how this is a part-time position and I applied for a full-time position. The job pays $9 and hour, but the training was going to be really intense b/c they are set for MST hours and I'm on EST. Huge time difference but ended up letting the manager know I wanted full-time and so did other people and by the time I got off it was about 9 people left chatting with the manager. I guess we all felt like this is not worth our time. Not to mention the 2 headsets you have to buy amongst other things. Everything she talks about is on a slide show while questions pops up for you to answer.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to comment to such and such hours I can't remember the exact hours? Is $9 ok? Theirs a point where she talks about the necessary equipment that needs to be used. Are you willing to take a background check.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

The interview process was odd. Thw woman conducting the interview was kind of rude. Right off the bat, she didn't seem as though she wanted to be there or conduct an interview.

Interview Questions

• How long did I expect to be at the company   1 Answer

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

It was very short and sweet. I was asked to join on Adobe and there were 20 other women who joined the interview and we were supposed to mute our phones. The interviewer explained the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked 3 questions, told me to write it on a paper an read it to them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

It was the most unprofessional interview I have had in my years of working. The interviewer was talking to other coworkers about other people who were getting interviewed. The interviewer was walking around during my interview I wasn't sure if the interview went went or not by the way he jumped up and said it was his lunch break. I have never felt so bad in my life until I had a interview with Sykes and didn't get the job and wasn't informed of why I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked for Sykes before   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Very brief interview with HR and another person. The rest is online, but I made the mistake of using an email that I don't use a lot when applying online for the position. I forgot the email and after several minutes I just told them that I had forgotten it because it wasn't my personal email. WRITE ALL INFORMATION YOU AREN'T SURE OF DOWN. I guess that's a given, but for those who might chance it, don't. Note: It takes a week before they let you know if you are hired or not and it has not been a week yet so I do not know if I will get an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation in which you remained calm under intense stress.   Answer Question

Billing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES in May 2016.

Interview

My first interview was online where they pretty much just ask about qualification questions. Whether or not you could work the hours, attend the training, and accept the pay. Then a couple questions to check your typing speed and accuracy. The second interview was in person asking questions about how you would respond and initiate conversation with customers to test conversation skills.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how did you respond   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES in February 2016.

Interview

Recieved a text from mr eric paul or yan paul about a job opportunity at Sykes Enterprises. Interview was conducted on google hangout. Asked 20 different questions, this is a phishing scam. Caution

Interview Questions

• 20 questions with one asking for your bank and if you could print checks. layered in with normal interview questions. also asked your age.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Fayetteville, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

There are two interviews. The first is a virtual interview with a group of other candidates. You're asked a few poll questions. At the end you answer 3 questions and find the answer to a technical question. If you make it through you will later get a call for the in person interview. The interview is like every other interview you are asked questions to determine if you're a good fit.