SYKES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

They sent me an email giving me instructions to send them screen shots with information about my computer speed, what type of computer I was using as well as a typing test. I complied. I was then given an interview day and time along with a dial in number for the interview. After sending all of my personal computer information and attempted to dial in I was not able to. I sent an email with no response along with trying to call - I left a messg but no one called me back. I hope this is not a scam. They had me send my system info along with my info on application. Very unprofessional that no one bothered responding to me as to why I was granted an interview that never took place.

Interview Questions

• I was scheduled for a phone interview that never happened.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

One application and then you will be offered various positions based on that initial application. I have "interviewed" a few times and every time the schedule has been different than advertised. The actual "interview" is just a conference call with 20 to 30 other people in which you are not allowed to explain any of your responses. You are allowed to give yes/no answers via polls from the "interviewers," if you can call them that. If you come to a question in which you disagree, you are asked to leave the online platform and the conference call. You do not have the opportunity to say, "Hey, this was supposed to be full time..." or "Why is this schedule night shift when the advertised shift was for days?"

Interview Questions

• Can you commit 100% to the schedule on your screen?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a consultant for the company. I asked for her contact information (she wasn't the one that scheduled the phone screen) and she said she'd email me. I never did receive anything back from her. A few days later I went online to check the status of my application and found I couldn't log in. I clicked the forgot my password link and the message says there is not account associated with that email address. Interestingly enough before and during the phone screen I was able to log into my applicant account so I know I had created one, not to mention that in the days between applying and the phone screen I received several emails from their talent department and suddenly they stopped. The phone screen itself was fine (typical questions) but the shady business of deleting my account has me telling people to run far away!

Interview Questions

• Typical phone screen questions...nothing special to add.   Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES in March 2017.

Interview

Assessment was brief and easy, straight to the point. Did not get a interview yet but someone did reach out to let me know the job was filled and that I will be notified when the next class starts.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in travel?   1 Answer

Customer Service From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Goshen, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (West Goshen, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through NTI Central especially offering jobs for disabled.
    There was an assessment to pass, extremely difficult, with unmanageable timing and everything done on purpose impossible to be passed.
    The salary was advertised $11 per hour and we were told at the end that it will be $9. After passing successfully all tests, assessments, senseless questions just to work as customer service for $9, who interviewed us based on one, again, ridiculous question, rejected me. I met all their requirements and I was ready to work crazy hours and days, just to be hired. Keeping in mind that they should’ve known that some people are disabled, the negative answer was given in a rude, unprofessional manner, unacceptable for any company. This is a clear discrimination of disabled people and it is a shame of what they are doing. I sent a long complaint to the company, but nobody cared to answer.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Allentown, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

A brief yet lively phone screening with a corporate recruiter, then a skype interview with a manager, which went well, then an on-site interview with the head of the site I'd have worked at. The site manager did speak to me for a few moments about how she'd wanted to get the site more involved in volunteering in the community when I asked about goals but spent the bulk of the interview trying to convince me that I did not want the job. I asked a lot of questions like "would I have the opportunity to help out with such and such...." and the answers were all "no". The first two people I'd spoken to said they needed someone for an immediate start, but the third person told me "someone will call you in a few weeks" when I left. I never heard any more.

Interview Questions

• 1- Don't you think your degree makes you overqualified for this position?   1 Answer
    • 2- Why didn't you ever use either of your degrees?   1 Answer
    • 3- I don't want you working here if you hate it here...   1 Answer
    • 4- The staff here are going to be very different from who you've worked with.... they're ~millennials~ who think they deserve a personal thank you just for coming to work.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at SYKES in January 2017.

Interview

All done online. My issue with the process was many technical difficulties and a very unprofessional process. The process asked for screenshots yet it will not allow you to paste the necessary screenshots in the Help section they instruct you to paste it in. Interview slots were occupied heavily. One opened up literally at the last minute. So therefore you could not prepare an hour before. Then, the you are instructed to go into an adobeconnect room for the audio conference. They denied me from entering the audio conference even though the interview is scheduled but you will find all technical difficulties are on their end. I was able to see that the recruiter only had 2 or 3 individuals in the chat room within the one minute started. My guess is that the recruiter excluded other individuals to hire those 2 or 3 individuals despite how awful and outdated the systems were.

I think when interviewing it is normal to encounter maybe differences between self and interviewer and thus that may not determine the best fit. That's a huge part of being a job seeker and taking the good with the bad. However, I can truly say this was by far the worst interview experience ever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a conference call about 26 people and we were all on mute for the most part just listening to the manager lecture. About 30 min into the call the manager was stating how this is a part-time position and I applied for a full-time position. The job pays $9 and hour, but the training was going to be really intense b/c they are set for MST hours and I'm on EST. Huge time difference but ended up letting the manager know I wanted full-time and so did other people and by the time I got off it was about 9 people left chatting with the manager. I guess we all felt like this is not worth our time. Not to mention the 2 headsets you have to buy amongst other things. Everything she talks about is on a slide show while questions pops up for you to answer.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to comment to such and such hours I can't remember the exact hours? Is $9 ok? Theirs a point where she talks about the necessary equipment that needs to be used. Are you willing to take a background check.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

The interview process was odd. Thw woman conducting the interview was kind of rude. Right off the bat, she didn't seem as though she wanted to be there or conduct an interview.

Interview Questions

• How long did I expect to be at the company   1 Answer

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

It was very short and sweet. I was asked to join on Adobe and there were 20 other women who joined the interview and we were supposed to mute our phones. The interviewer explained the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked 3 questions, told me to write it on a paper an read it to them.   1 Answer