SYKES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.1

Interview

Applied online. Got a email the next day to set up a interview over the phone and computer. You have the option of going in but I chose over the phone. You are placed in a group interview where you are given 12 questions to answer. They give you 50 minutes. They will ask you to read one of the questions and your answer so their able to hear your voice. They will cut whoever didn't do well. If you do good you move on to the next step. The online assessment which takes a hour. Once completed it will send your recruiter the results and if you did well you get a face to face interview. At the end of your 2nd interview they will let you know if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sykes?   2 Answers
    • A angry customer called you complaining their child made a $300 purchase on their credit card. How would you handle this situation?   5 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was fine with what they offered.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

One application and then you will be offered various positions based on that initial application. I have "interviewed" a few times and every time the schedule has been different than advertised. The actual "interview" is just a conference call with 20 to 30 other people in which you are not allowed to explain any of your responses. You are allowed to give yes/no answers via polls from the "interviewers," if you can call them that. If you come to a question in which you disagree, you are asked to leave the online platform and the conference call. You do not have the opportunity to say, "Hey, this was supposed to be full time..." or "Why is this schedule night shift when the advertised shift was for days?"

Interview Questions

• Can you commit 100% to the schedule on your screen?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a consultant for the company. I asked for her contact information (she wasn't the one that scheduled the phone screen) and she said she'd email me. I never did receive anything back from her. A few days later I went online to check the status of my application and found I couldn't log in. I clicked the forgot my password link and the message says there is not account associated with that email address. Interestingly enough before and during the phone screen I was able to log into my applicant account so I know I had created one, not to mention that in the days between applying and the phone screen I received several emails from their talent department and suddenly they stopped. The phone screen itself was fine (typical questions) but the shady business of deleting my account has me telling people to run far away!

Interview Questions

• Typical phone screen questions...nothing special to add.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Constantly highering. Applied online, received an email to invite me to an open interview day. 40+ people showed up, group interviews of 5 or 6. As long as you dressed acceptably and passed an oral drug test and eligibility test, they'll hire you.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Eugene, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview the next day. I came in and spoke with a man about precious experience and went over what I knew about Sykes and BPO. He and I had a couple laughs and he offered me the job on the spot
    I filled out some I-9 and background check paperwork .
    3 days later called to start training tomorrow.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Email after application, inviting me to a hiring event.
    At the event, they put a dozen applicants in a room with an Account Manager who answered our questions. When our number came up, a Team Leader took us individually into an office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

As a go up they broke us up individually and explains position. Then from the we went with managers and they did and interview with us. We went back into a room and the offered us the job right then and there

Recruiting Sourcer Interview

Interview

one on one interview, very professional and comfortable environment. Had drug screen and completed paperwork in one sitting. HR staff and recruiter were available to answer any questions I may have had.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Eugene, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job for 3 days and got the email to set up an interview. The interview was very easy (typical interview question) and was very short (10-15 mins).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What skills qualifies you to work here?   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Interview questions fairly generic. Hr was friendly and inviting. Staff looked happy going in and out which is huge when thinking about a call center job. Decision was made at interview. Lengthy time at computer filling out required forms but at least it was out of the way before orientation. Hr was very helpful for that part. Positive from beginning to end.