SYKES Customer Service Representative (Work At Home) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SYKES Customer Service Representative (Work At Home) Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

1.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

One application and then you will be offered various positions based on that initial application. I have "interviewed" a few times and every time the schedule has been different than advertised. The actual "interview" is just a conference call with 20 to 30 other people in which you are not allowed to explain any of your responses. You are allowed to give yes/no answers via polls from the "interviewers," if you can call them that. If you come to a question in which you disagree, you are asked to leave the online platform and the conference call. You do not have the opportunity to say, "Hey, this was supposed to be full time..." or "Why is this schedule night shift when the advertised shift was for days?"

Interview Questions

• Can you commit 100% to the schedule on your screen?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SYKES

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. There was about 20 people on the call and we each had to answer an interview question and from there they chose who they liked.

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYKES (Elizabethtown, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application online and was scheduled for an interview shortly after. The interview is a group interview over the phone. It will last close to 2 hours. They will give a run down of the job and company and give anyone who doesn't think it will work for them a chance to leave to phone/internet interview.

Interview Questions

• They had me look up a cellular company and tell them about their current plans.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (New Orleans, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process wasn't as long as i thought it would be maybe an hour or so. It starts off with a conference call with you and other prospects where you are asked some questions to be answered in a poll. They then separate you and individually ask you a few questions. Once you are done with that they then tell you to hang up and they will transfer you to another room with others who are being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at SYKES?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Fayetteville, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process is easy, you take the assessment, and the interview process is done online in a group setting, most people will not make it through to the end because they dont like the hours or what the job requires so they fall out. In the end the interviewer send you paperwork via net that you have to complete and youre hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work weekends   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative (Work At Home) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYKES in June 2013.

Interview

Originally applied through Alpine Access. completed the application online. Did a Phone Audition, where you simply read a script on a voice messaging system. I checked my account online a week later to find an invitation to interview for a position. It allowed me to review the hours , training and wage compensation. When I tried to select an interview time, it was full. I had to wait a few days to return to my account to find a open timeslot.

Once the interview was scheduled, it explained that it would be a Group Interview online through Adobe Connect. I was told to be prepared for possibly 2 hours of interviewing and to have examples of my previous work history available.

The Interview Process: I received a courtesy call two hours before the interview, however, since my interview was scheduled for 9AM pacific time, she called me at 5AM.....
    I logged into Adobe Connect 15 mins early on the day I was scheduled, using the web link and codes provided. IT IS IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS for LOGGING IN. It will test your computer to see if it is compatible for Adobe Connect. Next, I waited for the host to arrive. Once the host arrived, I could see 17 other names of interviewees waiting. The host made sure we were prepared to start. A few people were late and you could hear their children and a nurse in the background. The host had to repeatedly explain that our phones needed to be on MUTE. She proceeded to explain the details of the position, along with questions for us regarding availabilities and agreements for schedules/background checks/credit checks/etc. I was prompted with a box on my screen in which I had to select my answer/response. If someone had a question, they were permitted to click on an icon to show their hand was raised.

Interview Questions:
    At the end of the first hour of the host explaining the position and asking questions about availability and etc, the real interview started. We were given 15 minutes to answer 4 questions pertaining to our previous work history and how we would handle a situation. They were not hard questions at all. However, I strongly suggest reviewing your career history and prepare to type in your responses within 15 minutes. At the end of the 15 minutes, in front of everyone on the phone and Adobe Connect Group interview, we gave a response one - by -one. It took a while , but it was not hard at all.

END of Interview: At the end of the group interview, I was given instructions of what to do. I was provided with an OFFER immediately after the interview and had to download info pertaining to the interview. The whole GROUP INTERVIEW lasted about 1 hour and 15 minutes. There were extended periods of time due to uncooperative candidates that did not follow instructions.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. TIP: FOr group interviews, be patient and follow instructions. Prepare yourself by signing in early and refreshing yourself about your past job duties so that you can type in your responses within 15 minutes.   Answer Question

I declined the offer because throughout the whole interview, I was provided with shifts and dates that were CONTRARY to what was advertised. Totally off from what was advertised, however I was offered other positions with 4 days of the interview. TIP: Don't settle for something unless you must - be prepared for things to change at the last minute with scheduling and training dates. If possible, simply wait for the right position to come along through Sykes / AlpineAccess. They have multiple positions with multiple shifts. Don't settle if you can help it.