SYKES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES in August 2016.

Interview

For the amount of money they are willing to pay for the caliber of employee they demand, it does not match up. Lots of forms, clearances and driving around to different locations in order to get finger printed, drug tested, etc. As well as your own out of pocket expenses to ensure you meet the rigid internet speed, connectivity speed, dedicated separate phone line, computer with minimum of 2.6ghz, the various head sets needed which are all different for training and actual work, to name a few.

Interview Questions

• Did I meet their many technical requirements prior to beginning training, that only began once you completed all of the online checks and packets.   1 Answer
    • They required that you have all the various requirements done in a limited time frame however,their team who checks off on said requirements takes longer to respond then the timeframe we had to get everything done   1 Answer

Communicator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYKES (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Came through Search recruitment agency. Standard interview asking why I want to work there, what I bring to the role, which languages I speak and to what fluency. This included an initial phone language test. 3 competency based questions; describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, describe good team work, tell me your weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Describe having to deal with an irate customer, and what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation of role.

Customer Service From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Goshen, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (West Goshen, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through NTI Central especially offering jobs for disabled.
    There was an assessment to pass, extremely difficult, with unmanageable timing and everything done on purpose impossible to be passed.
    The salary was advertised $11 per hour and we were told at the end that it will be $9. After passing successfully all tests, assessments, senseless questions just to work as customer service for $9, who interviewed us based on one, again, ridiculous question, rejected me. I met all their requirements and I was ready to work crazy hours and days, just to be hired. Keeping in mind that they should’ve known that some people are disabled, the negative answer was given in a rude, unprofessional manner, unacceptable for any company. This is a clear discrimination of disabled people and it is a shame of what they are doing. I sent a long complaint to the company, but nobody cared to answer.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES in February 2016.

Interview

Recieved a text from mr eric paul or yan paul about a job opportunity at Sykes Enterprises. Interview was conducted on google hangout. Asked 20 different questions, this is a phishing scam. Caution

Interview Questions

• 20 questions with one asking for your bank and if you could print checks. layered in with normal interview questions. also asked your age.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SYKES (Fayetteville, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

*Please Read*
    This is the entire process😑.

I applied online and received a email to schedule my initial interview which was virtual.You can choose to use your personal computer or come in and use a computer on site.(which is what I chose to do because I wanted to A.see where it was and B.check the environment out.) I interviewed here at the Fayetteville location.

1st interview*- When you walk in you are greeted by a very helpful receptionist, before you sign in you are asked if you have a phone that is charged and can be muted because you will be working on the computer while listening to the interviewer on the phone. You sign in and are directed to the "virtual center". Once you get on the computer you call the number and its really like a run down of the job ,poll questions(pertaining to job to see what you will and wont do like about the pay being 9.00 will you accept) like 3 interview questions and a task to look on the computer for information. Its all good u get like 20 mins to do this.. Hang up. And call back after the times up. Everyone (people on virtual computers and personal computers and the interviewer) will read a question and answer it. Then afterwards hang up and the good ones stay the ones they don't want get a blank screen #dismissed. "The chosen"call back, get their next interview time and date
    *Done*

*2nd interview my TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!*
    Okay😒😩so, I went in and was greeted by a different very nice receptionist again(who had some beautiful lipstick) I Was waiting for the person i was told id be interviewing with.(you know be on time stuff). But OKAYY....the person I got instead😷. .. She came in got me escorted me where to where we would interview which is in a cube in the call center. Okay first let me say *i am a very respectful person*
    Okay she asked tell me about yourself like a normal interviewer would i answered..she said ok AND what else I told her a little more and she was like AND! What else.. In my head im like I already know im not about to get this because this interviewer had and ATTITUDE!!!!😐😐😐. I can already see what this interview is about to be like.. So she continued to ask questions and it was like every-time i answered a question it was never good enough for her, at first she started asking me questions and *picking what she wanted to remember out of my answers* rollin her eyes every-time i answer one and then say i didnt answer the question :example:
    Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation with a customer how did you solve it was the outcome

Working in a salon its always a difficult situation trying to style the clients hair exactly how they see it on a picture when your trying to make it appealing to them personally. if it was something i thought wouldn't fit i would educate them on my opinion of why the style should be altered and let them know about other things we can do to make it nice. The out come most just trusted my judgement and altered the style. The rest still want it exactly how they see it and then see what i was trying to warn them. But ita all about satisfying the customer
    *thats not answering my question, rolls eyes*
    Her:How would you rate yourself using the computers 1-5
    Me:5
    Her:so you can use Msoffice names programs
    Me:yes 5 i use those frequently

Her: But you havent used more than 3screens you cant be 5
     Im like tf
    she then starts talking about she cant hear me she wanted me to scream my answers im talking scream over the call center she called some other employee in talkin about she the boss over her..*probably lying* she was like introduce yourself so i did and so she was like ..yes .. Then the interviewer was like what you think we should do about her can you hear her the girl was like hesitant yeaa then the interviewer was was like can you hear her screaming she was like not really but in my head im like i know not really because im not about to be in here screaming.. people in here on the phone ,conducting business, having conversations why in tf would i really be screaming answers at an interview. In the middle of a call center im not interviewing to be no cheerleader sheesh i dont even want to say more about the rest of her off subject questions and things she tried to make me do.

So obviously by this time im like i dont care about this job because i dont want to work with people who are abusing their authority and does not deserve to be in their position *nonprofessional*...

like i said earlier didn't get it. She escorted me out and then said some slick iish on the low to an bystanding employee we seen on the way out about me.

How do i know because the interviewer called the girl over my head said or did what she did behind my back and the girl burst out laughing.

I have another interview at another one in south carolina idk if i want to take that risk.

Glad its over all that for a call center - 😝Nneeeewo

Rumors are true it's like high school in there minus well be a club

Interview Questions

• If a little boy was running across the street about to get hit by a car how would you scream for him realize   2 Answers

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Unknown (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Unknown (Bangladesh)) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was a chat over the internet which required your first and last name and permitted entry from the interviewer. This was meant to be a group chat for a group interview, the process was ridiculous, and the interviewer never permitted me to enter the chat even though I was scheduled for the interview at that time. Sykes seemed very unprofessional to me, I looked for other employment options instead. I would recommend others do the same.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions involved in the interview process, I waited for permission to enter the interview area for over an hour, the interviewer never showed.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Application process is broken and cannot even get to apply to s job as there are coding issues with the process where the ATS screen mandates a county be associated with a phone number. It states loading in drop down and nothing loads and when you type a county nothing appears and because it has an asterisk it is required so nobody can even spy to get an interview. This is why we should not offshore jobs. Also nobody at company is available until 8am MT - what about life in the east coast?

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Tampa Palms, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

The recruiter in the talent department lack great communication. You are as weak as your weakest link. They do not return e-mails, I have sent several with no replies. They screwed up my interview, did not inform me of the error, nor apologize for the inconvience. I was informed that the interview will be between an hour to an hour and a half. Depending on job, there are several assessments needed to wee in the most qualified candidate, e.g. iq assesment, research skills assessment, and personality assessment. I would have aced these assessments, but, unfortunately, I was not given the chance to do so.

Interview Questions

• Reply to this e-mail the time you would like to schedule your interview   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

I can't stress how completely and utterly unprofessional my experience was with my "recruiter". I was scheduled for my phone interview for 10 days. The woman was 2 HOURS late calling me. I answered cheerfully with "I'm so glad you called. I was getting worried I wasn't going to be hearing from you today!". Right after that she got a terrible attitude with me saying "Um no, I'm right on time." Her tone surprised me, I certainly didn't expect it. I replied "Oh... I'm sorry, there must have been a mistake in my email. It said I would be promptly contacted at 1:30." Which was true - even with the time zone difference from central to eastern she would have still been an hour late calling me. She instantly changed the topic with telling me the expectations of the job I was applying for. When I said that I was excited about this position, she went over the requirements of the job. That was when she told me I did not meet the requirements. This was after I was told my resume had been accepted and after 10 days of waiting for my interview. That woman completely ruined my opinion of this company entirely. How can a company even take themselves seriously when allowing people like that on their staff?

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2010.

Interview

There are different phases of the interview like phone interview or in person i.e. 1:1 interview. Depending on your location if you are far away there is the phone interview first and if you get through it you get to the next round i.e 1:1. In 1:1 you again have different phases aptitude,IQ,personality,skills test,group interview,sometimes presentation as well etc.
    In the interview many times there are very general questions are asked.So you better be prepared for it.Because we have conception that there are though things going to come in front of us during the interview.

Interview Questions

• There is a client whom you have to provide the report by evening ad all your tools fail and stop working what would you do in such a case?   2 Answers