SYKES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.1

Technical Support Interview

Interview

technical test
    IQ test
    Comptency based interview
    English test

Interview Questions

• tell me a situation where something happened.... situational questions   2 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

The interview with HR was not very specific about the position, just a general assessment that you are a qualified candidate. Next step of interview process was with someone who would later become a peer so they could assess your skill level and determine if you had the knowledge you represented on your resume. Once you get an interview with senior leadership it's very laid back, not an organized Q&A or situational based interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I knew about a recent merger the company had gone through and importance was placed on my knowledge of recent news about the companies business direction.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated relocation package, not much room to negotiate salary from offer.

Call Center Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SYKES (Arlington Heights, IL).

Interview

I believe I applied back in June for this position, online through Alpine Access. Everytime I would go to check the status I was told that my e-mail was already used and I would need to use a different e-mail to get any farther. On August 27 at 6:00 and 6:30 I received e-mails saying I was invited for an interview. By 9:00 when I signed on to begin my daily search, I was told I was too late and all of the interview slots were filled. Since then I have had no further correspondence from them.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get the opportunity to do an interview. What surprised me was that the time frame I was given to respond to the interview invite was less than three hours.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Went in to apply for the job and I was interviewed, drug tested and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Sykes?   1 Answer

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

After completing the application and testing you are scheduled for an interview to be conducted over the phone. Phone must have mute function, and candidates must make sure they are in a quiet area. A negative is that candidates are told about the $45 fee background check during the interview, and if you can't pay it within 24 hrs. of being offered the position, you are kicked out of the interview. Sykes brags that @ Home employees are treated the same as employees who work at their offices, but I know several people who who at Sykes in Greenwood, S.C. and they did not have to pay for their background checks. The interviewer says that their are many positions and if this job is not the right one for you, leave the interview and we will send you other job offers that better match your skills and interests, but if you don't stay in the interview and pay the $45 if offered the position, Sykes does not continue to send you jobs. They want people who will pay that $45. You have to pay the $45 background check for every job you're offered. Meaning, if you don't accept a position, and you get a chance to attend another interview you will have to pay another $45 if you choose to accept the job offer. The recruiter I dealt with became very rude and ignored my emails to her when I asked to be matched with a position that better fit my skills.

Interview Questions

• Why should sykes hire you for this particular position?   1 Answer

Recruiters kept ignoring my emails regarding the position.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

They had a group interview with 37 other people. The entire time you were on mute and were only allowed to speak maybe 30 seconds. It wasn't enough time to stand out. It felt like a cattle call.

Interview Questions

• Wanting to know information about the customer's business when you had no time ahead of time to research.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Underwent a group interview and answered 4 written questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told us what the job paid and asked if we accepted or declined.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES in April 2014.

Interview

Came across SYKES online while searching for work at home jobs. Knew I needed a new and updated laptop, corded phone, and mics for I purchased everything before applying. I figured if it didn't work out for them than it will with another company. Just about all the WAH positions require the same equipment. Once I had everything I applied online. Took an hour or so. Did the basic online application, resume, experience, etc and then did a voice addition where you read a script and record your voice. I read it first out loud a few times and then I had Sykes call me (automated phone call, no person). You can re-record it a few times until perfect. Once that it done you take a few more tests ie: typing, grammar, vocabulary. Nothing too hard. Once that was completed I had a few job offers but nothing that fit what i was looking for. I waited two more days and received more offers. I took the Genealogy Specialist position. I have a group interview tomorrow.

CSA Interview

Interview

group phone interview plus answer simple questions and prove you can use computer and speak english

Interview Questions

Interview

Fairly easy just look for some one with experience in customer . It was an okay interview process made the job seem like it was a great place to work. the only thing they don't tell you exactly what you are doing only after you get the job

Interview Questions

• A time at a previous job when a customer was un happy would did you do to resolve the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation although I had no experience