SYKES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.1

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SYKES (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I was hired by knowing someone who worked there. I interviewed with the hiring manager and got hired after the interview. My tip for getting hired is to either know someone that works there or apply online. They update their online applications on their website every day. Most of their employees they hire come from the employees that apply online.

Interview Questions

• What is a quality you value about yourself?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES in December 2013.

Interview

Oral Evaluation
    English assessments: Grammar and Reading & Writing
    After the above process was completed, I spoke to the recruiter who shared with me the account information, salary, and benefits. I think that overall she set up the right expectations.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SYKES (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Online test before being invited to an interview. Interview consisted of a group interview followed by an individual interview. There was an opportunity to meet current employers and ask questions.

The interview itself was a positive experience, but in the end the HR department was extremely unhelpful and unprofessional. They were first willing to hire me for a lower number of hours, then offered me a much higher number of hours than discussed. When I tried to rectify this they kept going back and forth, letting me believe they were still going to hire me and that everything could be worked out, only to let me know three weeks later (the week before I was supposed to start) that they would be unable to offer me the position after all. Never kept their promises about when they were going to get back to me. Very inefficient and confused.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience of being asked something by a customer and not being able to help/comply?   Answer Question

Tier I Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SYKES (Deland, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Group interview, not terribly stressful. Very much a "new wave" or "youthful" interview,
    aimed at non-college graduates with very few years of work experience. There was an interviewer and an "observer" present, and the group answered questions in front of the other group members. Getting hired at the time was much more due to timing and having a current employee as a referral than it was about my job skills and experience.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through CoCubes, It took one day for the whole process. It has 3 rounds, first one is JAM, Second round is Passage Writing and third one is HR.

Interview Questions

• Being From technical background, Why you want to join in BPO?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SYKES in March 2015.

Interview

It was quick and I got hired on the spot. they was very quick and brief due to the company newly establishment in our city. The was doing the hiring quickly at the same time after the interview they was drug testing the protential hires from there we was able to sign our hire paper work out.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for a customer service call center type job at home. This is a group interview at home. You log into an online classroom. There will be a brief presentation in the beginning.The audio may be on your phone or computer. Either way, make sure you can talk either on the phone or on your mike on your PC. There may be a phone number to dial so you can get your audio that way. You will know if you are hired at the end of the interview, which can last 1 hour or more. They will ask you to vote in polls, complete tasks, and verbally answer questions. You will receive instructions before and after the interview. May include drug testing, background checks and references. You will have to complete some steps after you get hired for on boarding like giving them your id, social security card just like any other job. If you don't hurry and do it quickly they may not hire you, but they won't give you a timeline. Throughout your interview, they will ask if you agree with certain things in the polls, or if you are able to do certain work related tasks. If you are not able or don't agree, don't lie. They will simply ask you to leave the classroom. You can always reapply for another position. It is totally fine. **Please note: I did not interview in Denver, Colorado. I interviewed in my home state and city which isn't listed.

Interview Questions

• If you don't know how to do something while on the phone with the customer, what should you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Montgomery, AL) in July 2017.

Interview

did application on careerbuilder.com did assesments, received phone call for interview and was offered job after interview, very easy process took less than a week. Accepted job offer during for call

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Morristown, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

Automated email to schedule interview, interview comprised of small group interview, typing test, and computer proficiency test. Drug test and background check. Very straightforward interview questions about the position, did not inquire about past experience or review my resume.

Interview Questions

• Choose something in your possession today and describe how you would sell it to a potential or existing customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at SYKES in January 2017.

Interview

All done online. My issue with the process was many technical difficulties and a very unprofessional process. The process asked for screenshots yet it will not allow you to paste the necessary screenshots in the Help section they instruct you to paste it in. Interview slots were occupied heavily. One opened up literally at the last minute. So therefore you could not prepare an hour before. Then, the you are instructed to go into an adobeconnect room for the audio conference. They denied me from entering the audio conference even though the interview is scheduled but you will find all technical difficulties are on their end. I was able to see that the recruiter only had 2 or 3 individuals in the chat room within the one minute started. My guess is that the recruiter excluded other individuals to hire those 2 or 3 individuals despite how awful and outdated the systems were.

I think when interviewing it is normal to encounter maybe differences between self and interviewer and thus that may not determine the best fit. That's a huge part of being a job seeker and taking the good with the bad. However, I can truly say this was by far the worst interview experience ever.