SYKES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.1

Work At Home Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Little Falls, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on line then went through a bunch of questions a timed typing test a test with a bunch of blocks that were 3d very strange . After that you got to choose interview time you interviewed with 30 different people

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Group interview took about two hours to complete. A lot of requirements to submit documentation once the job was offered. They weren't in any hurry to offer a job, but once the job was offered, they were very impatient with me to get everything they needed to finish the process

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was done in an Adobe Classroom. There were about 20 of us in there, we were given a phone number to call in to a conference call. Everyone muted their phones while we listened to the interviewer. Occasionally we would have to answer poll questions that would pop up on the screen. Just yes/no to questions about shifts, etc.

We were then given instructions on the 'written' part of the interview. We all hung up, answered 6 essay type questions, then were told to call back in. Once again, everyone muted their phones. We were called in alphabetical order and asked to read our answer to a random question. That took a while to get through everyone, then we were told to wait.

Eventually about 5 of us were put into a separate room, and told that we made it through the interview and then given instructions on where to go from there.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the role technology has played in a past job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

You are on a call with many other interviewers and everyone is on mute. A lady talks the whole time and is basically going through a PowerPoint! If there are somethings that you can't do like have a home phone or train specific days you will be kicked out of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a product you recently purchased and how was your service in buying that product   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

One application and then you will be offered various positions based on that initial application. I have "interviewed" a few times and every time the schedule has been different than advertised. The actual "interview" is just a conference call with 20 to 30 other people in which you are not allowed to explain any of your responses. You are allowed to give yes/no answers via polls from the "interviewers," if you can call them that. If you come to a question in which you disagree, you are asked to leave the online platform and the conference call. You do not have the opportunity to say, "Hey, this was supposed to be full time..." or "Why is this schedule night shift when the advertised shift was for days?"

Interview Questions

• Can you commit 100% to the schedule on your screen?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a consultant for the company. I asked for her contact information (she wasn't the one that scheduled the phone screen) and she said she'd email me. I never did receive anything back from her. A few days later I went online to check the status of my application and found I couldn't log in. I clicked the forgot my password link and the message says there is not account associated with that email address. Interestingly enough before and during the phone screen I was able to log into my applicant account so I know I had created one, not to mention that in the days between applying and the phone screen I received several emails from their talent department and suddenly they stopped. The phone screen itself was fine (typical questions) but the shady business of deleting my account has me telling people to run far away!

Interview Questions

• Typical phone screen questions...nothing special to add.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Constantly highering. Applied online, received an email to invite me to an open interview day. 40+ people showed up, group interviews of 5 or 6. As long as you dressed acceptably and passed an oral drug test and eligibility test, they'll hire you.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out online application and uploaded resume.
    Received email back same day setting up interview following day. Interview was conducted via Adobe Connect and were given a phone number to call and it puts you through to recruiter.
    After recruiter you have a second interview with account manager. Prettty much same peocedure as first interview

Interview Questions

• What downside and how would
      You overcome working from home
      Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES in March 2017.

Interview

Assessment was brief and easy, straight to the point. Did not get a interview yet but someone did reach out to let me know the job was filled and that I will be notified when the next class starts.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in travel?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

As a go up they broke us up individually and explains position. Then from the we went with managers and they did and interview with us. We went back into a room and the offered us the job right then and there