SYKES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.1

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Eugene, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview the next day. I came in and spoke with a man about precious experience and went over what I knew about Sykes and BPO. He and I had a couple laughs and he offered me the job on the spot
    I filled out some I-9 and background check paperwork .
    3 days later called to start training tomorrow.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Email after application, inviting me to a hiring event.
    At the event, they put a dozen applicants in a room with an Account Manager who answered our questions. When our number came up, a Team Leader took us individually into an office.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out online application and uploaded resume.
    Received email back same day setting up interview following day. Interview was conducted via Adobe Connect and were given a phone number to call and it puts you through to recruiter.
    After recruiter you have a second interview with account manager. Prettty much same peocedure as first interview

Interview Questions

• What downside and how would
      You overcome working from home
      Answer Question

Recruiting Sourcer Interview

Interview

one on one interview, very professional and comfortable environment. Had drug screen and completed paperwork in one sitting. HR staff and recruiter were available to answer any questions I may have had.

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Eugene, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job for 3 days and got the email to set up an interview. The interview was very easy (typical interview question) and was very short (10-15 mins).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What skills qualifies you to work here?   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Interview questions fairly generic. Hr was friendly and inviting. Staff looked happy going in and out which is huge when thinking about a call center job. Decision was made at interview. Lengthy time at computer filling out required forms but at least it was out of the way before orientation. Hr was very helpful for that part. Positive from beginning to end.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Process seemed a little unorganized. I was wanting to be hired for one job and was talked into a job I was unsure of. In the end I was let go because I was uncomfortable with the sales goals and presenting angry customers with products they were not wanting nor needing

Interview Questions

• Why I should work at Sykes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was on Google Hangouts, they messaged me for about an hour about the process and what the job will consist of, my duties, pay, all the benefits I will receive with the job.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Allentown, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

A brief yet lively phone screening with a corporate recruiter, then a skype interview with a manager, which went well, then an on-site interview with the head of the site I'd have worked at. The site manager did speak to me for a few moments about how she'd wanted to get the site more involved in volunteering in the community when I asked about goals but spent the bulk of the interview trying to convince me that I did not want the job. I asked a lot of questions like "would I have the opportunity to help out with such and such...." and the answers were all "no". The first two people I'd spoken to said they needed someone for an immediate start, but the third person told me "someone will call you in a few weeks" when I left. I never heard any more.

Interview Questions

• 1- Don't you think your degree makes you overqualified for this position?   1 Answer
    • 2- Why didn't you ever use either of your degrees?   1 Answer
    • 3- I don't want you working here if you hate it here...   1 Answer
    • 4- The staff here are going to be very different from who you've worked with.... they're ~millennials~ who think they deserve a personal thank you just for coming to work.   1 Answer

Customer Service From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Goshen, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (West Goshen, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through NTI Central especially offering jobs for disabled.
    There was an assessment to pass, extremely difficult, with unmanageable timing and everything done on purpose impossible to be passed.
    The salary was advertised $11 per hour and we were told at the end that it will be $9. After passing successfully all tests, assessments, senseless questions just to work as customer service for $9, who interviewed us based on one, again, ridiculous question, rejected me. I met all their requirements and I was ready to work crazy hours and days, just to be hired. Keeping in mind that they should’ve known that some people are disabled, the negative answer was given in a rude, unprofessional manner, unacceptable for any company. This is a clear discrimination of disabled people and it is a shame of what they are doing. I sent a long complaint to the company, but nobody cared to answer.