SYKES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SYKES Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

One application and then you will be offered various positions based on that initial application. I have "interviewed" a few times and every time the schedule has been different than advertised. The actual "interview" is just a conference call with 20 to 30 other people in which you are not allowed to explain any of your responses. You are allowed to give yes/no answers via polls from the "interviewers," if you can call them that. If you come to a question in which you disagree, you are asked to leave the online platform and the conference call. You do not have the opportunity to say, "Hey, this was supposed to be full time..." or "Why is this schedule night shift when the advertised shift was for days?"

Interview Questions

• Can you commit 100% to the schedule on your screen?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a consultant for the company. I asked for her contact information (she wasn't the one that scheduled the phone screen) and she said she'd email me. I never did receive anything back from her. A few days later I went online to check the status of my application and found I couldn't log in. I clicked the forgot my password link and the message says there is not account associated with that email address. Interestingly enough before and during the phone screen I was able to log into my applicant account so I know I had created one, not to mention that in the days between applying and the phone screen I received several emails from their talent department and suddenly they stopped. The phone screen itself was fine (typical questions) but the shady business of deleting my account has me telling people to run far away!

Interview Questions

• Typical phone screen questions...nothing special to add.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

Constantly highering. Applied online, received an email to invite me to an open interview day. 40+ people showed up, group interviews of 5 or 6. As long as you dressed acceptably and passed an oral drug test and eligibility test, they'll hire you.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out online application and uploaded resume.
    Received email back same day setting up interview following day. Interview was conducted via Adobe Connect and were given a phone number to call and it puts you through to recruiter.
    After recruiter you have a second interview with account manager. Prettty much same peocedure as first interview

Interview Questions

• What downside and how would
      You overcome working from home   Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES in March 2017.

Interview

Assessment was brief and easy, straight to the point. Did not get a interview yet but someone did reach out to let me know the job was filled and that I will be notified when the next class starts.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in travel?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES.

Interview

As a go up they broke us up individually and explains position. Then from the we went with managers and they did and interview with us. We went back into a room and the offered us the job right then and there

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Eugene, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview the next day. I came in and spoke with a man about precious experience and went over what I knew about Sykes and BPO. He and I had a couple laughs and he offered me the job on the spot
    I filled out some I-9 and background check paperwork .
    3 days later called to start training tomorrow.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Email after application, inviting me to a hiring event.
    At the event, they put a dozen applicants in a room with an Account Manager who answered our questions. When our number came up, a Team Leader took us individually into an office.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SYKES (Morristown, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Ask me to tell them about myself. I asked personal or work. He said didn't matter. So I started with personal information about why I was looking for work changing my field and told him about my work history.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to join their team   1 Answer

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was quizzed on Sabre GDS formats for various things. I was then given apx start date and times, and both changed. Basic questions on my Travel Agency background, advised the equipment needed ( that was incorrect). I was given the Company name Egencia, but not advised of the number of clients that fell under that umbrella.

Interview Questions

• Sabre GDS formats.
      Personal Travel Agency background.
      Was I willing to accept $10 an hour for training and $12.50 an hour once training was completed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Advise of the $10 an hour for Training and once completed $12.50 an hour. There was no negotiations of any kind.