SYKES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.1

Customer Service From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Goshen, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (West Goshen, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through NTI Central especially offering jobs for disabled.
    There was an assessment to pass, extremely difficult, with unmanageable timing and everything done on purpose impossible to be passed.
    The salary was advertised $11 per hour and we were told at the end that it will be $9. After passing successfully all tests, assessments, senseless questions just to work as customer service for $9, who interviewed us based on one, again, ridiculous question, rejected me. I met all their requirements and I was ready to work crazy hours and days, just to be hired. Keeping in mind that they should’ve known that some people are disabled, the negative answer was given in a rude, unprofessional manner, unacceptable for any company. This is a clear discrimination of disabled people and it is a shame of what they are doing. I sent a long complaint to the company, but nobody cared to answer.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Process seemed a little unorganized. I was wanting to be hired for one job and was talked into a job I was unsure of. In the end I was let go because I was uncomfortable with the sales goals and presenting angry customers with products they were not wanting nor needing

Interview Questions

• Why I should work at Sykes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was on Google Hangouts, they messaged me for about an hour about the process and what the job will consist of, my duties, pay, all the benefits I will receive with the job.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Allentown, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

A brief yet lively phone screening with a corporate recruiter, then a skype interview with a manager, which went well, then an on-site interview with the head of the site I'd have worked at. The site manager did speak to me for a few moments about how she'd wanted to get the site more involved in volunteering in the community when I asked about goals but spent the bulk of the interview trying to convince me that I did not want the job. I asked a lot of questions like "would I have the opportunity to help out with such and such...." and the answers were all "no". The first two people I'd spoken to said they needed someone for an immediate start, but the third person told me "someone will call you in a few weeks" when I left. I never heard any more.

Interview Questions

• 1- Don't you think your degree makes you overqualified for this position?   1 Answer
    • 2- Why didn't you ever use either of your degrees?   1 Answer
    • 3- I don't want you working here if you hate it here...   1 Answer
    • 4- The staff here are going to be very different from who you've worked with.... they're ~millennials~ who think they deserve a personal thank you just for coming to work.   1 Answer

MEDICAL BILLING Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield Terrace, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (Fairfield Terrace, SC).

Interview

The interviewing and hiring process was prompt with respect to knowing you are hired. The interview was completed, and within the next 3 days I was notified of being hired. However, the paperwork process was extensive, home offices had to be set up with photos sent in, the internet connections had to be at a certain up and down load speed, and there was multiple forms to complete.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that coincides with the open position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYKES (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. iI was fairly simple and the interviewer was patient and walked you through the steps.
    There were 3 questions and you are asked to read out one of the anwers.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a difficult customer or situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a conference call about 26 people and we were all on mute for the most part just listening to the manager lecture. About 30 min into the call the manager was stating how this is a part-time position and I applied for a full-time position. The job pays $9 and hour, but the training was going to be really intense b/c they are set for MST hours and I'm on EST. Huge time difference but ended up letting the manager know I wanted full-time and so did other people and by the time I got off it was about 9 people left chatting with the manager. I guess we all felt like this is not worth our time. Not to mention the 2 headsets you have to buy amongst other things. Everything she talks about is on a slide show while questions pops up for you to answer.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to comment to such and such hours I can't remember the exact hours? Is $9 ok? Theirs a point where she talks about the necessary equipment that needs to be used. Are you willing to take a background check.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

This was one of the most unprofessional interviews I went to. It was a group interview and they couldn't find any chairs. They didn't really ask us any questions. When we were done with the "interview" they brought us to a room one by one and had this lady just being hella rude and pushy with filling our stuff out online. You need to know the last 7 years of addresses, all your employment information. They "need it" for your background check. When you get finished with that they'll take you to another room where you put a handhold cotton saliva drug test.

Interview Questions

I went to orientation, it was 8 hours. Super unorganized it's on a production floor, they yell at you to be quite because reps were taking live calls. They packed us on this tables that were so close. People were fighting with each other, and the people doing orientation didn't know how to handle the room. Their were presentations on a 60' flat screen that was ground level so you couldn't hear anything or see anything. They put about 75 people in this little area and their volume was computer speakers with a microphone placed in front, (it didn't help) it was too much and I along with many others left about 5hours into it.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Montgomery, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

It's an easy process, it's just a long process. Plan to be there for at least 3 hours total. Upon arrival, I completed a brief questionnaire, read from a script/skit, interviewed with someone one on one, and then completed an in-depth employment history on their computer. Afterwards, they administered a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

The interview process was odd. Thw woman conducting the interview was kind of rude. Right off the bat, she didn't seem as though she wanted to be there or conduct an interview.

Interview Questions

• How long did I expect to be at the company   1 Answer