SYKES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.1

Walmart Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Andover, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Its was great, fun and easy. I'm still awaiting response after submitting all paperwork needed after receiving an offer to work for Walmart customer service. I don't get a response. I need to know if all that is required has been met.

Interview Questions

• I think they liked my motivation behind my voice. I'm always upbeat. Have many years in Customer Service.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Lakeland, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

It is easy. You just answer questions honestly and truthfully and show excitement. I sat with another candidate and we were asked to answer the questions alternatively. It was a fun and easy process. I liked the way it was done. It took about an hour at the most.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest conversation you ever had to have with an employee.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was simple and kind of quick. I was placed with 13 other people who were also going for the same position. We all listened to the interviewer and she then gave us questions to answer. We had to write them down and listen to everyones answers until it came for us to answer. We were then all hired on the spot and given some task to do.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had been put in this certain situation and what did you do to get out of it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Florence, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Answering incoming calls for orders and emails to do with fashion. I will be answering phone calls and responding to emails. No sales is involved with the job well at least that's what I was told.

Interview Questions

• What is most imperative component with being a customer service rep?   Answer Question

Being Interviewed Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Fayetteville, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Team leader interviewed me, she was helpful, asked questions well. I was impressed with her questions,and friendly.Office area was cheerful, clean. It was a nice process through out the interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you say that Sykes would want to offer you employment?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Sumter, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed today for sykes in sumter it was very simple I was qualified for the job took a drug test I'm little nervous bout my background test I have shop lifting on my record from 5 yrs ago does anyone know if that will stop me from getting g the Job?

Healthcare Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYKES (Remote, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview took place online and by phone. It was a group setting. We were put into chat rooms and there weren't even enough chat rooms for everyone to have their own, so I was typing my answers to the questions with someone else typing theirs at the same time - no privacy. They offered employment to more people than they had training slots for and those who got their pre-employment tasks done first got the job (I was working my notice not realizing this so had very little time outside of work and had to do things one at a time as I could - got everything done prior to the deadline and then was told the slots had filled up. I had already quit my job.).

Interview Questions

• They wanted an example of a prior experience with customer service.   Answer Question

At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYKES (Charleston, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was over an hour. Right after i submitted the application interview was the same day. Be prepare for question and typing test Also have a headset. Must meet minimum requirement they do train and you cant miss any training

Interview Questions

• Do you have landline Internet speed of 10mbs download 5 mbs upload Windows 8.1 + no wireless internet   3 Answers

Negotiation

If you didnt meet minimum requirement they let you go

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYKES (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Group interview online using adobe about an hour and a half interview. Be patient and positive. Also a drug test and back ground check is required. Training is typically a few weeks to two months long to make sure your well prepared. Also training is paid.

Interview Questions

• What you would do and how you would handle certain situations ?   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYKES (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Felt a little like a herd of animals (started out with over 50 people in the room and crashed it once). They gave some general information, then took a poll to find out if we agreed to what they said, and repeated this process a couple more times. If you answered "No" to any of the polls, you were asked to leave the Adobe Connect room, and told that you would be put back into the hiring pool. Three to five questions were then listed and you had 10 minutes to answer, and the interviewers then asked each person to answer one of the questions. After that, there was some more general information given and the interview was over. If you gave good answers, you should get an email telling you "Congratulations!" and listing the next steps in the "onboarding" process...background/credit check, along with fingerprinting and drug screening (if necessary).

Interview Questions

• List 3 qualities of a good customer service representative.
      Describe a time you dealt with an upset caller. Were you able to diffuse the situation and calm the caller?
      What attributes do you feel make you a good customer service representative?
      Answer Question