SYNNEX Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.5

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYNNEX (Fremont, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter after applying on-line. She scheduled an interview with me to meet the hiring manager and his staff. The two people that I met with were nice and took the time to explain the position and what they do.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave the company you are working for?   Answer Question

Quality Control Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SYNNEX (Fremont, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was straight forward. Interview with the recruiter and the director or supervisor of quality. They described the position and the company with a brief overview of the task itself.

Entry Level Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYNNEX (Fremont, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a 30 minute phone interview that consisted of going over the job and the responsibilities, what kind of company you'll be working for at Synnex, questions about your resume, what your strengths are, if you have the specific skills for the job, and where you see yourself in the future. Nothing too hard and not too many knowledge test questions.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge Questions: What are some components that make up a computer? How do you measure current from a device?

Resume Questions: Tell me about ___ (a certain project or skill on your resume)

Skill Questions: Do you have skills in writing automated test scripts
      1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYNNEX (Fremont, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Three panel interview. The person that they were hiring to replace, supervisor and department chair was the panel. Asked random questions about my life, experience and what I want in the future. Interviews came off as a little awkward.

Supply Chain Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYNNEX (Fremont, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone screening with HR 1 week after submit application online. On-site interview with hiring manager 3 days later. Interview with team member as well. 2 days later HR called and said they are looking for someone more senior for this position.

Interview Questions

• Are you good with numbers? Can you keep your report accuracy?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SYNNEX (Fremont, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Face to face interview with the director of business development
    Yes. I'm applying for supply chain analyst but had an interview the director of business development. He asked questions about my current jobs a lot. Like what's the culture there, what do you sell, what's the annual volume, what's the org structure. When I asked him about the position. He only said, " the job description is very easy. Just like what you saw on the website." He didn't even want to answer wetter this is a newly created position or a replacement. I felt he was trying to get information of my current job not looking for a now hire.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all.   1 Answer

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SYNNEX (Fremont, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initially, the hiring manager reached out to me by phone and was very rude and cut me off several times while trying to answer his questions. I was very surprised when he offered to bring me in for an onsite interview, but I went anyway. He proceeded to tell me how unqualified I was but offered me a job with a compensation package at half the going rate for this region, which was about 30% less than the somewhat low range he mentioned on the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Actually, the interviewer did most of the talking and really did not ask me any questions other than some very basic ones.   Answer Question

The offer was extremely low and out of line with the scope of responsibility for this position.

Buyer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYNNEX (Fremont, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview contained questions about the knowledge and mindset about the position.
    After self introduction interviewers started throwing questions and scenarios.
    There's no correct answer for each questoin.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important thing for a buyer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Buyer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYNNEX (Fremont, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Spoke with the hiring manager over the phone. Then went to a group interviews with the 3 Sr. Buyers. Afterwards, went on a one on one interview with the director of purchasing.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest weakness? Why are you leaving your position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was take it or leave it

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SYNNEX (Fremont, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

first submitted resume online, waited for few weeks to hear back from them. then went in for two interviews, first one was general with HR and hiring manager, second one is final interview and i get to meet with team members. after contacted hiring manager again in two weeks and received an offer but it's only few thousands more than current position but took it anyways since it's closer to home.