Saatchi & Saatchi LA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saatchi & Saatchi LA Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.9

Budget Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi LA in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who was very knowledgeable about the interview and hiring practices. About two weeks after her phone discussion, I was referred to the hiring manager.

The questions were straightforward. "How do you resolve a problem?" Or "Can you work with Senior Management?" It lasted about 45 minutes. I felt relaxed.

The next day, I received a follow-up email from the recruiter. After a week, I checked again and found out they chose someone with ad agency experience but would keep me in mind.

Interview Questions

• Do you know Vlookup, Pivot Tables, and Macros?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi LA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I got a call from HR. They found me on LinkedIn. They asked me if I would be interested in an administrative position. I said I could look at it. Went in for an 90 minute interview with 3 teams of 1-2 people. They were very nice and friendly. One had her beautiful, huge dog with her. After they were done, they handed me off to the next team, until I met all the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about expenses?   1 Answer

Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi LA (Torrance, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied in August 10th. At first, a recruiter sent me email on Sep 6th and call me on the day after.
    Then she scheduled a phone screening with the manager for the next week and immediately after phone screening I got invited for in-person interview with two managers and one colleague on Sep 19th (not as a panel but 1:1).
    Then the recruiter emailed me that the company (or the team) decides to move forward with me as contract-to-hire. I accepted the offer and she said the paperworks will take at least 1 week.
    After two weeks, the recruiter emailed me on Oct 11th that they changed their idea and wants to search again.
    Very embarrassing, the process took almost 2 months and at the end they change their decision not because of finding a better candidate but because they prefer to search again. I honestly think something is wrong with their recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with different web analytics tools?   1 Answer

Associate User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi LA (Torrance, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I originally applied for the information architect role, but they also just opened up a UX designer position. HR asked me which role I wanted to pursue, and I picked UX. I went through one round of phone screening with a director of creative services. Then, they had me come in for an in-person interview. The interview had 3 rounds. The first round I interviewed with two other UX designers. Second round consisted of the UX director and a senior UX designer. The last round was a creative director who had a more conversational approach. They wanted me to dive into the details of a prominent work in my portfolio. That allowed them to understand my process and experience. Each session lasted about 40 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• What's something you like about your job, and what's something you don't like?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi LA (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Long. Went into the office multiple times to meet with every member of the team. Took about a month for the whole process. Questions were generic, they are looking more for a fit of personality over other aspects.

Interview Questions

• What was my favorite ad they created?   1 Answer

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi LA (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Was chosen randomly based on my portfolio. Had an interview and got the job in the end. It's wonderful. You need to put in your hours as a creative but very fulfilling ultimately. The people are rest and supportive. Best internship I've ever had and you also get to meet a lot of new people in your intern group. It's a fun summer! Overall the interview for creative involved submitting a link to your portfolio and then getting a phone interview. Quicker than most processes and more based on the quality of your work.

Interview Questions

• What campaign did you connect with   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was just my acceptance.

Digital Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi LA.

Interview

I submitted an online application, then had a phone interview and finally a Skype Interview. I felt like the people who interviewed me did't like their jobs. They seemed bored and unprepared. They described the internship as not very creative and tedious. They didn't make me feel like I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with digital asset management?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi LA (Torrance, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Referred by an employee. The recruiter working with me was really great -- approachable and helpful. I had a phone interview with her, and then she talked to the team I was interviewing with about me, then she set up an in-person with the five team members. I thought it was going to be one interview, 5 people interviewing me, but it ended up being three 30-min interviews -- 2-on-1, 2-on-1, and 1-on-1 with the team director. Typical questions, people were generally friendly. it was an entry-level position so they didn't expect me to have too much experience. I didn't get the position (went to a former intern) and only found out after I made the effort to contact them. But the HR girl was great and asked me if I was interested in any other opportunities there. I decided to go in a different direction but I still thought that was thoughtful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with clients or customers.
      Why Saatchi?
      Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi LA (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Overall, the process is extensive. You will face a tough screen process, followed by a string of phone interviews before you are finally invited for a face to face interview. My face to face was more me talking than my interviewer. Arm yourself with a strong list of questions. Research the brand!! Know who the client is and what the client's brand is about.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me? (Make a list of 10 STRONG questions and keep the dialogue flowing!!) What do you know about XYZ brand? What do you know about the creative process? What are your current responsibilities and how do you think they will apply to this role? What is your strength and what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi LA in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted application through the companie's website. Shortly after, I was told I'd made it to next round and to submit a one minute video showing something I could contribute to the company if chosen as an intern. Submitted video and waited many weeks before I was emailed to schedule a phone interview. The next day, I had the phone interview, and a day or two later, I was offered the internship.