Saatchi & Saatchi Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.5

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty insightful. Done by a recruiter. Asked about management style and leveraging of relationships. Just did one round. Stated I was overqualified. Seemed liked they were looking for someone with more in-agency experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your in-agency experience. They also asked about management style and leveraging of relationships. Overall, interview lasted about 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Saatchi & Saatchi has an excellent reputation in its field. Presumably the interview process is aligned with their work for their clients. In my experience, not so. My originally scheduled interviewer did not even show up for the interview.

After waiting for 20 minutes, a much more junior person from the team came to interview me. During the interview, he said things like "That sounds fancy but I have no idea what it means." Most of the interview was spent airing grievances about the account he was on, and asking about best practices that he could use in argument against the client. There was, literally, no discussion of skills.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to argue with the client in order to prove that we are right?   Answer Question

Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

went through an agency- third party
    the party was late
    it was just with my field workers
    human resources was vague
    agency gave false tense
    not sure what you are doing day by day
    took a risk

Interview Questions

• what you have done in your past   1 Answer

Chief Digital Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I was an internal referral, but I had a quick interview then I flew out for a two days of interviews with various members of the team. When I arrived, due to some last minute changes and urgent meetings my first day of meetings was cancelled (aside from a long talk with HR). Since I was traveling, we rescheduled my next day to include more people and less time. My talks were very nice. They clearly are a bit behind and lost some of the "Saatchi" name. They still don't know what it takes to get it back other than doing good work, but I suppose that is what I was interviewing to help define. They do have a very strong financial weight on traditional advertising, so I got the impression a digital role had a heavy load to lift to produce success.

After I flew home, they were incredibly quiet. I was scheduled to have a follow up with someone I didn't get to meet and that never happened. I suppose it was their way to say, not interested. I had to wait about two months for them to finally pay my expenses and I found a different job in the mean time.

Interview Questions

• Their interview method was very conversational about my history and point of view.   1 Answer

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Overall it was a good experience. It felt very casual and conversational. Mostly questions about my background and why I wanted to move into Advertising. I interviewed with two people and both were pleasant experiences. I will need to return for another round of interviews at a later date before an offer.

Assistant Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

It took place over three interviews and it was what you would expect from your typical interview process. Very straightforward. First met with HR, then met with my current bosses, then with the head of the department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Had one phone interview which was a screening. then had another phone interview that was fairly difficult. they asked some technical questions and some case study questions and looked for analytical thinking.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with four different people at Saatchi, two ADs, HR and head of Digital Strategy. There were two positions available, and after two interviews, they let me know that they thought I was a strong candidate for one of them. Everything was going swimmingly. I loved the people, I was well within my comfort zone, job-wise, and who doesn't love the Saatchi name. Then I got the news that I needed to speak to the client, and the AD gave me a little pep talk about how to position myself, which I thought was a sign I was pretty much in. So I had the call with the client, and it seemed to go really well. I was practically writing my "I'm leaving" speech in my head (who doesn't do that?). Then I got a call from the recruiter that they were going to pass on the offer. I tried to get some sort of feedback, but couldn't get a word out. It must have been a personality thing with the client. Who knows. But everyone at the agency seemed really smart, nice and normal.

Interview Questions

• I tend to be very busy and am sometimes unavailable. What would you do if you needed me (the client) to sign off on something by noon, but you couldn't reach me?   1 Answer

Freelance Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR professional that I met at a career fair then was asked to come in for a one on one interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What project have you completed that related to the work you will be doing here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a short term freelance position so no negotiation was necessary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saatchi & Saatchi (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied for the internship after seeing it listed online. It took them roughly a month from when I applied for them to get back to me, and then they asked I come in for an interview, but since I live in CA, which is too far from NY, they set up a phone interview. The interview seemed to go well, but I was not offered the internship. The woman who conducted the interview made me feel very comfortable and natural.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? When is a time you displayed a weakness/made a mistake?   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite/least favorite campaigns right now?   Answer Question