Saba Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saba Software Interview Questions

Interviews at Saba Software

Platform Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saba Software.

Interview

The interview process is thorough and very deep.The questions asked are deep and it takes experience and knowledge of the area to give a valid response.The knowledge of the interviewers is great

Interview Questions

• How to aggregate responses of different types without using a lot of heap   Answer Question

Corporate Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saba Software (Dublin, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

I spoke to the director for 1.5 hours on the phone. She was so pushy, kept rambling, then at the end said "yu jus come hir". She writes an email to the HR and says, "this girl will come hir". I asked for a full itinerary of who I will be meeting with and didn't receive that. When I arrived to the interview, I did not know what to expect. I was put into a conference room to do a video interview with 4 of the staff members who all sounded bitter, smart aleks, and unhappy. They asked me the same question 4x which I kept answering! The director did not offer me any water and after every of my answers said that she had to confirm it with the IT person as if she didn't believe me. I figured if she is this rude and obnoxious to insult me in front of the staff at an interview, then I'm sure she will be even worse to work with!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saba Software.

Interview

Very respectful. Detailed interview with hr, hiring manager and extended team. Asked detailed questions about background, experience with marketing, presales and sales processes. Respectful hiring team. Mindful of time. Personally having the candidate present to the team and having an interactive discussion would have helped the team and the candidate measure each other.

Interview Questions

• Experience with creating marketing assets and sales process   Answer Question

Director of Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saba Software (Dublin, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

-Interview calls with most of the team
    -Face-to-Face with the hiring manager
    -Real conversations understanding if you're the right fit. No irrelevant questions like "how many golf balls fit in a plane?"
    -Get a great opportunity to meet and speak with each team member you'll be working with

Interview Questions

• -Examples of managing projects, stories to describe your work ethic, cultural fit, etc.
      -No irrelevant questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saba Software in August 2018.

Interview

The recruiter didn't call for our scheduled interview. When I messaged him, he blamed me and some problem with searching in Skype (even though he also had my phone number and with 30 seconds of effort could have called me directly). He said he was too busy to even look for time to reschedule (even it was still during the time when we would have been in the interview), and then he outsourced the work to me to look for and book time myself using their automated system.

The self-focused lack of effort and poor customer service lines up too well with other feedback on working at Saba, so I withdrew from consideration.

Tip - be willing to put in even a small extra effort (in this case, 30 seconds to dial a phone number would have worked) and when you fail to follow through on something, take ownership of the situation, roll up your sleeves, and do the work to fix it rather than outsource the effort to someone else.

Also, when recruiting for HR positions, you are interacting with potential future customers for the company. The level of service you provide your candidates will be assumed to reflect the level of service the company provides their customers. Very poor opinion of Saba overall at this point, both as a potential employer and as a potential vendor.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saba Software in March 2018.

Interview

I met with several team leaders and went through expectations of the Job for which I was applying. Explanations of each aspect of the Job were clearly explained with plenty of time for questions. I was able to meet directly with the hiring Manager and go through details of the job and direction of the initiative.

Interview Questions

• What is you knowledge level of Talent Management Softwares?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saba Software (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online (no cover letter). Hiring manager emailed me a few weeks later. I talked to her on the phone, then came in person. She liked me and referred me to her boss. I talked to her on the phone. Interview went really well and I got an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• There were none of the lame "what's you're greatest weakness" questions. Just a two-way conversation about my background, the company, and what I wanted.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saba Software (Redwood City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager, then total radio silence. Regardless of following up multiple times, never heard back from them. The position is still available 4 months after I applied.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Saba Software (Redwood City, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and 3 months later received an email from a recruiter for a phone screen.
    Recruiter was upbeat and organized. Asked I wait until after the holidays for hiring to pickup in 2016.
    I followed up in 2016, again and again and again every 2 weeks. The recruiter ignored all my emails.
    Looked up the recruiter's phone number calling the main office in Redwood City.
    Said he was in a meeting and blew me off.

I did some research on Saba and shocked that the SEC accused SABA of accounting fraud.
    Just Google 'Former Saba Finance Chiefs to Reimburse Nearly $500,000 in Bonuses'

Pressure to meet revenue targets might explain why trail went cold.
    Terrible experience. Next time I'll research company before applying.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saba Software (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with the Accounting Manager and was asked my experience. Also met with the Accounting staff and were asked questions to see if I was a great fit for the position. I had to describe what my experience has been in this field.

Interview Questions

• What are your area of expertise? Why would you be a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer