Saba Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

3.1

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saba Software (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online (no cover letter). Hiring manager emailed me a few weeks later. I talked to her on the phone, then came in person. She liked me and referred me to her boss. I talked to her on the phone. Interview went really well and I got an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• There were none of the lame "what's you're greatest weakness" questions. Just a two-way conversation about my background, the company, and what I wanted.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saba Software (Redwood City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager, then total radio silence. Regardless of following up multiple times, never heard back from them. The position is still available 4 months after I applied.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Saba Software (Redwood City, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and 3 months later received an email from a recruiter for a phone screen.
    Recruiter was upbeat and organized. Asked I wait until after the holidays for hiring to pickup in 2016.
    I followed up in 2016, again and again and again every 2 weeks. The recruiter ignored all my emails.
    Looked up the recruiter's phone number calling the main office in Redwood City.
    Said he was in a meeting and blew me off.

I did some research on Saba and shocked that the SEC accused SABA of accounting fraud.
    Just Google 'Former Saba Finance Chiefs to Reimburse Nearly $500,000 in Bonuses'

Pressure to meet revenue targets might explain why trail went cold.
    Terrible experience. Next time I'll research company before applying.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saba Software (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with the Accounting Manager and was asked my experience. Also met with the Accounting staff and were asked questions to see if I was a great fit for the position. I had to describe what my experience has been in this field.

Interview Questions

• What are your area of expertise? Why would you be a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saba Software.

Interview

I interviewed for Sr. Product Manager in 2014. Applied online and received a call from the recruiter within a week. She forwarded the call to the hiring manager, who I enjoyed talking to. Heard nothing back, and I sent a followup email. I was invited for the onsite interview. Met the VP, 2 directors, one Product Manager and 1 UX designer. These were more of conversations than interviews, and I enjoyed talking to all of them.

Never heard back from the team, despite multiple followup emails.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Saba Software (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

A bit longer than normal but the questions and approach was typical of a CA software company. The interviewer was tough and tried to be intimidating, but he is no longer there.

Support Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Saba Software.

Interview

The set up for phone screen and interviews schedules was well communicated.
    All the interviewers appeared and was very busy.
    Interview steps: Phone screen, Phone interview, Phone interview, Phone interview, Phone interview, in person interview, in person interview, HR offer discussion, HR offer, negotiation, negotiation, negotiation, negotiation, negotiation, negotiation, negotiation, ....

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions was asked and expected answers to resolve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate everything you care for at offer stage.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Saba Software (San Mateo, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview with CEO, CFO, VP Technology, VP Professional Services, VP Sales

Interview Questions

• None. I was being courted. Not to sound egotistical, I've worked with the VP Sales three times in my career. And Saba is at a point where they are working hard to attract great people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

fast

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saba Software in July 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by someone in the company regarding my resume. An interview was setup with the hiring manager and then several follow-up interviews where I spent one day on site meeting a panel of people.

Negotiation

Negotiations were fairly straight forward as I was pleased with the initial offer.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saba Software (Redwood City, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

HR was pleasant and interview was smooth and had typical interview questions. Canned questions with a mixture of behavioral and experienced based questions. Very little hypothetical questions were asked. Hiring manager review was more detailed and queries to prior year sales experience was inquired of multiple times. Explanation of the company vision was shared.