Sabre Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

2.8

Automation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I have over 120 applications in to various jobs at Sabre. No calls or interest after 14 years experience with Sabre. H1b visas were put on hold and they were desperate for workers

Interview Questions

• Do you know Soa testing?   1 Answer
    • I told them I was manual Q/A they didn't listen and hired me for Automated Q/A   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

Duration is about 45 mins and mainly focused on work experience and general explanation of previous projects. Then focused on java GC , Multi threading concepts and also on agile process. And they have focused on transcations i.e performance of the applicaitons

Interview Questions

• Do you have real time experience on garbage collection   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sabre in December 2015.

Interview

Applied on their website and got an email asking to record a video interview online. Whole process took about a week. It was about 10 or so basic behavior questions. It felt weird talking to my camera so I didn't do as well as I had hoped. I never heard back from them.

Senior Information Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX).

Interview

The process started with a phone call and short discussion with Human Resources. They then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was followed up with an onsite interview with some of the department staff. There was a final phone interview before an offer was made. The process took about three months from the time the application was submitted to when the offer was made.

Interview Questions

• During the onsite interview I was asked some detailed technical questions to quantify my experience with specific security tools.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sabre in May 2016.

Interview

Hackerrank and then telephonic interview with hiring manager. Hackerrank had programming questions and multiple choice question. All of them were easy to solve. Telephonic interview with the hiring manager was more of a discussion about my resume and a few technical and behavioural questions.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sabre (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Met with two individuals. Told them about me and my skills. They both seemed very interested and I thought things went well considering I seem to struggles with interviews. When my recruiter called to tell me they chose me I was beyond thrilled and told to go through a grueling background check.

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I was more than satisfied with the offer. I went through a majorly in depth background check and 10 panel drug screen. I almost felt violated by the time they were done with me. What I found to be absolutely horrific was this: I knew I was temp to hire. I was told 6mos with option to hire. I turned down 2 offers elsewhere for this. After one month I was let go. I didn't do anything wrong but they said they knew at time of interview I "lacked the desired experience". I completely changed my life around the next 6 months. I know I am a good hard worker and smart so I expected to even be hired but I didn't allow myself to think past 6 mos. but one month really threw me off. I was and still am angry because they knew according to them, that at the time I wasn't 110% what they wanted but "would do" while they continued to interview others then let me go with 36 minutes to go in the workday. I most likely would have taken the job regardless but to not have the nerve to tell me upfront was a disappointment and let down in a company I had a high opinion of.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sabre in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online in the month of January and received HireVie codility test. I don't know how I performed in Multiple choice questions. Got a call from university recruiter in April asking to schedule an interview that day itself. I asked for next day and it was scheduled. 1 hour phone call with Director.

Interview Questions

• core technical questions;
      1) If two objects are referencing each other and no other objects are referencing them then when will garbage collection have access to them
      2) Spring framework
      3) Experience in XML parser in JAVA
      4) Java Multi-threading, deal lock details.
      1 Answer

Principal Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Initially had a telephonic call from hiring senior director. Was invited for personal interviews with the same senior director and another person at peer level. Sr. Director was late by half hour for a 45 minute interview. So, essentially she spent 15mins talking to me. Then peer interview was done for half hour. Both discussions went pretty well in my opinion. It was more like a discussion, and I was very confident that I am a very strong candidate for that position and would definitely get an offer. Conversation with the Sr. Director sounded like that as well. But no response after the interview, not even a sorry we are not offering email. I sent couple of follow ups, first one had a response saying they still didn't make a decision. Second one didn't even get any response. Surprisingly my resume ended up in Sr.Director's husband's hands later on and got a call from him for some other company....

Very disappointed with the whole episode....

Software Development Contributor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portales, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sabre (Portales, NM) in April 2016.

Interview

They asked question about myself and my work ethic. It was mostly nontechnical questions which was nice. I enjoyed the entire process, it was simple and easy to interview. I did not get an offer because they were looking for something different but the entire experience helped me learn how to more efficiently answer interview questions.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sabre (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

During the first round, I was asked to rank the SQL, Excel and computing skills. There were also some typical behavioral questions.
    Then after about one month, they called me to set up 2 phone interviews, both with technical persons from the group. Both interviewers asked questions about my experience

Interview Questions

• Define Object Oriented programming and explain some design patterns   Answer Question